Home

Why the obsession with broadcast cam?

This is a discussion on Why the obsession with broadcast cam? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 12:55 AM   #33
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Why the obsession with broadcast cam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
agree to a point, but the problem with that is the people that play dynasty of either kind are the vast majority of who buys the game and EA showed us the numbers to support that so I do feel like that area should get significant focus.

And editing within dynasty is pretty much standard for most sports games now and although I'm not an expert I believe would fit into the same category as far as not needing much improvement once it's implemented.

Anyways good luck to you guys.
Oh I agree. Like I posted in the other thread, If I could only have 1, the editor would be it. Since we can "wish" for multiple things though I'll keep "Wishing" for the cam.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-08-2011, 12:57 AM   #34
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I don't understand the obsession with anything broadcast related. Real broadcasts are limited by the laws of physics and money. Video games can get camera shots that tv producers only dream about yet the community wants to handcuff these guys for the sake of replicating what we watch on tv. I don't get where playing football on a video game and watching a real game on tv have anything to do with each other. When you play shooters do you wish you had a wide view of the battle field instead of being down in the middle of the fight? Makes no sense to me at all and it's a big reason I probably won't be able to get into Madden this year. I know everyone is enamored with that presentation, but to me those static boring shots will get old real fast.

Having said all that I do agree that there should be options for everyones preference, but I just hope it's the kind of thing that they can implement once and then not have to spend much time on from year to year.
Quote:
agree to a point, but the problem with that is the people that play dynasty of either kind are the vast majority of who buys the game and EA showed us the numbers to support that so I do feel like that area should get significant focus.

And editing within dynasty is pretty much standard for most sports games now and although I'm not an expert I believe would fit into the same category as far as not needing much improvement once it's implemented.

Anyways good luck to you guys.

Thank you and congrats to u guys for getting roster edits in dynasty mode Options are good for all!
Old 07-08-2011, 01:00 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 11

broadcast camera option should already be in. it's ridiculous to have several versions on next gen and still have zero camera options.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 04:58 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 15

As far as I've understood, bc cam won't even be an option this year, I mean in caoch mode or cpu v cpu you are forced to play in bc cam, you can't switch to a vertical view, every game mode has its own cam. Is this true?
Old 07-08-2011, 05:38 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 31

I'd rather have a first person camera than broadcast.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:55 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 0

LOL , give it up Sky, just tell people you want it and let them worry about the rest...
Old 07-08-2011, 08:48 AM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
This is something I just dont get; sure it looks cool, but it is pretty much unplayable unless you're just doing coach mode...while it might be nice to have, but there are more glaring issues like conference prestige, mass editing, fixing the option and no huddle, etc that need tweaking. Are there actually a lot of people wanting broadcast cam or is it just a loud minority?
To be honest I don't really understand it either but it seems important to a lot of people so I"m hoping those who want it get what they like. And I'll also chime in that if it's there, although to me it looks unplayable, I probably would try playing with it and hell, who knows, maybe I'd even like it. I do know one thing, this will make a nice addition for when I've had a few cold adult beverages and just want to play coach mode!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-08-2011, 08:50 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye02
I'd rather have a first person camera than broadcast.
After playing ESPN football that had that first person camera I really thought it ended up being more of a gimmick than anything. Fun to play for 5 minutes but impossible to use on a regular basis. I will say that first person mode would be immensely fun if they had the option to view it as a replay camera so after the play is over you could step into a players shoes but other than that I just don't believe with today's technology a first person playable camera will ever work.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »