Home

Why the obsession with broadcast cam?

This is a discussion on Why the obsession with broadcast cam? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 09:36 AM   #41
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Why the obsession with broadcast cam?

its good for cpu cpu gamers/coach mode players and there are alot of those players out there....

i would prefer the zoom camera

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #42
Greatest "Show" on Earth!

Yankees_CT's Arena

OVR: 15

Wow really? I don't think I understand what the problem is here. There are a good amount of people that enjoy playing from this view (myself included). How come it seems that the people that want this view get criticized for it though? Everyone has their own wishes for the game but this is a topic that seems to get criticized the most.

I am a huge advocate for it but, I along with I am sure everyone else who DOES want it does not want the CAM before gameplay. Everyone wants that to be first and foremost and rightfully so. But there is always a list every year a mile long for every little thing under the sun (Dreads, A million different colored equipment choices, etc. etc.) Why is this request not at the same level as at least those wishes? Those additions do not directly effect gameplay (Sorry ODogg) and I would never question those who requested it.

Who does it hurt on this board for the development team to simply unlock the coach cam? That is all I am asking for. It's something that is there already...very little, to no development time required (you would think). I am certainly not asking for 120 authentic BCAM's, just the one. It's just another way to play for people who want something a little different. I don't get the reactions from the people who don't care for it and the people who do want it should not have to constantly defend their reason for doing so.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #43
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Honestly, I think what bothers people is that we've been asking for years for a variety of playable cameras, and have never gotten any on current gen. If they were to implement a playable broadcast camera, it would be a slap in the face to those who would love to have a more zoomed in or zoomed out view.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

You know what this game needs most, before broadcast cam, or anything, is a USER DEFINED CAMERA! Let us put the camera anywhere we want and play that way.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-08-2011, 09:52 AM   #45
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
Honestly, I think what bothers people is that we've been asking for years for a variety of playable cameras, and have never gotten any on current gen. If they were to implement a playable broadcast camera, it would be a slap in the face to those who would love to have a more zoomed in or zoomed out view.
well said....

i have no beef with the broadcast cam which i will never use but i would like zoom to be in the game at some point

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #46
Greatest "Show" on Earth!

Yankees_CT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
Ok, I have been asking for a zoomed in camera as well and when I am not playing from Madden's BCAM that is what I am using so I agree. Although I entirely disagree that it is a slap to anyone's face. It's just another request like the millions of others. Not asking for development time on this or to create it....just unlock what is already there!

I do agree with ODOGG though. Give me a user defined camera and I think everyone is happy.

EDIT: I also know of quite a few people who have been clamoring for a BCAM since this gen started and 2K5 ended. It was in that game and that for me is what wet the taste buds. Again, this just comes down to options though and the more options the better - for everyone, right?

Last edited by Yankees_CT; 07-08-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #47
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
You know what this game needs most, before broadcast cam, or anything, is a USER DEFINED CAMERA! Let us put the camera anywhere we want and play that way.
Thank you O Dogg maybe after they give u multiple dreads u can join or start a USER-DEFINED camera campaign as u seem to be one of the few who actually get listened to...shoutout to TARHEEL!
Old 07-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think the issue has always been frame rates. I remember a few NCAA iterations ago wasn't there a problem with the frame rate on a PS3? The more elements they add that need to be updated the more difficult it is to keep a frame rate that's playable (or at least not noticeable). From what I remember, switching to a side view added too many elements to the screen. Nothing that can't be fixed, but I'm sure they looked at it as # of man hours required vs. reward and they'd probably prefer to get new features in there for the back of the box appeal.

Oh, and the whole argument of gameplay engineering vs. artwork engineering and the paths never intersecting is entirely bogus. That would be true if the number of warm bodies in each section of engineering was set in stone, but it's not. Therefore, more artwork employees DOES decrease the amount of engineering for gameplay (and vice versa).

Also, I think the original OPer wasn't questioning whether engineering should be devoted to broadcast cam as opposed to something else. I think he was genuinely asking because he didn't quite get how broadcast was even playable. Personally, I'm in the camp of I'd give it a try if it were available, but I'm not sure if it's something for me or not. Certainly, I have no problem with others requesting it.

Lastly, I'll continue to be the squeaky wheel for accelerated clock. Thank you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »