Home

Whats the best recruit you have landed?

This is a discussion on Whats the best recruit you have landed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #9
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Whats the best recruit you have landed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornfedChris
What is the best recruit you have landed? I want to hear what everyone else has done recruiting-wise in this gen's game.

I used to be able to land 80-85 overall dual-threat QB's in the old gen but not anymore. I remember when I was UMass back in the day I signed a dual threat QB with like 85 Speed and 84 Pass Accuracy. Ended up winning me Back to Back national titles.

My buddy always talks about his favorite QB ever named Dan Bobo who he was un-beatable with haha.

I'm necessarily saying it has to be the overall freshman rating, but maybe some of you have developed some really good talent. There has to be some good stories.
Probably not my best recruit but definitely my favourite player. Robert Greco. 6'7 250 lb QB (not created by me) with my Notre Dame dynasty. he didn't start till his RS sophomore season but the dude was just unstoppable. He was a 99 in his RS sophomore season, 99 thp, 99 tha, 99 awr. He had 75 speed as well and wasn't bad at the break tackle. Big Ben, but better. Made sure he came in with a great overall in my franchise and he took the pack to 15 straight superbowl titles before retiring, the greatest to ever play the game. Also won 15 MVPs and 3 Heismans. He had close to 60 000 yards when he retired.

Had some great DE's and linebackers as well... Greco is my favourite by far though...
Old 07-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo
Probably not my best recruit but definitely my favourite player. Robert Greco. 6'7 250 lb QB (not created by me) with my Notre Dame dynasty. he didn't start till his RS sophomore season but the dude was just unstoppable. He was a 99 in his RS sophomore season, 99 thp, 99 tha, 99 awr. He had 75 speed as well and wasn't bad at the break tackle. Big Ben, but better. Made sure he came in with a great overall in my franchise and he took the pack to 15 straight superbowl titles before retiring, the greatest to ever play the game. Also won 15 MVPs and 3 Heismans. He had close to 60 000 yards when he retired.
Ron Powlus in disguise

(if you are a notre dame fan...please tell me you know who I just referenced)
Old 07-08-2011, 10:06 PM   #11
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
Ron Powlus in disguise

(if you are a notre dame fan...please tell me you know who I just referenced)
I have to admit, i had to look him up. But i must say, that is an impressive pro stat line.

I'm Australian and haven't followed college football very long, always been a packer fan though. I liked Notre Dame because of the cool helmet, thought it look bitchin'.

Last edited by pendo; 07-08-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

not the best overall recruit like most poeple are saying but during my Oregon state Dynasty, Jaquizz had just left for the NFL and i got a Senior who was 88 overall and 3* freshman who was 70 overall and very fast. in my first game the Senior broke his leg, so i had to put in the freshmen and he kill. it was unreal, no matter what the diffcultly it was he would tear things up, i think he was 5'9-5'10 170-180pds and like i said before very fast, also i think it was a glitch some of the time, because i played on heisman and he would break every tackle
Old 07-08-2011, 10:14 PM   #13
Rookie

OrangeCrush22's Arena

OVR: 0

With Middle Tennessee State I landed the top recruit in the country an ATH from California. I was in a recruiting battle with USC for him I won, only for him to be a FB...He is damn good though MTSU is in the SEC now (Kentucky got kicked) he has good hands and is pretty fast so I use short passes to him all the time.
NCAA FB: Syracuse Orange
NCAA BB: Syracuse Orange
NCAA LX: Syracuse Orange & LeMoyne Dolphins
Old 07-08-2011, 11:09 PM   #14
Rookie

A few candidates:

ATH Thurman Pierce - 92 spd 85 thp 79 tha

DE Brandon Jackson 89 spd b acc, agi, fmv, bsh

I've had a couple of 99 ovr 99 thp 99 tha third year pocket passers. Too bad ncaa is built for speed rollouts and lacks the passing touch / depth to get the value that madden pocket passers habe.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:19 AM   #15
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10

My best recruit was a JUCO transfer, does that count?

#1 RB in the country, 5'10 98 speed 95 acceleration. Set records with him and won the Rose Bowl as Oregon State. He was very injury prone though..

I am the danger.. I am the one who knocks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 12:41 AM   #16
Rookie

AUsouthpaw2013's Arena

I was able to snag the #1 overall recruit in a class one year. He was a QB, scrambler, with A- speed, A+ acceleration, and B for throw power and accuracy and he was overall 99 by his junior year. I redshirted him because I had a senior QB that I wanted to keep so he could finish his career. His sophomore year he ran for 1100 yards, and threw for over 5500 with 70 combined TDs. I ran the score up on every team I played. There was no mercy. I beat #15 ranked OK State by 84 points at their place during that season. It also really helped that my top 4 receivers all had ratings north of 90.

-Shug Jordan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »