Home

Do you guys get burned out when the "real players" are gone?

This is a discussion on Do you guys get burned out when the "real players" are gone? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 10:56 PM   #33
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Do you guys get burned out when the "real players" are gone?

I'm not sure I ever made it past year 4 in my dynasty. Once the game became nothing but "made-up" people, I lost interest quickly. I pretty much played 2 seasons, and then started over. Honestly, I played a lot more Play Now games than I played Dynasty games.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:02 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

I love seeing guys I chose to recruit set records, Its nice to see someone I hand picked win an award, make a huge play. ETC. For me dynasty recruiting is the reason I play the game.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:05 PM   #35
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

No. Last year I didn't make it out of year three though. It was too tough trying to make a power house out of an average team while recruiting realistically. Most of my players were coming in as 50's and 60's and couldn't compete with the upper level of the conference and using Syracuse, I couldn't even compete in the Big East. I burned out fast. Hopefully mid range recruits are more varied.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 11:24 PM   #36
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

To be honest I hardly follow college football, I may have heard of a few of the star players but most are unknown to me.

The recruiting and building my own team and getting to know my fictional players is what makes NCAA football one of my favorite games.

In some ways I'm lucky because of not knowing many players I can just autoname the roster and start right from day 1 with real players but get to know them as Mike Smith instead of Mark Ingram for example.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:28 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinemaniac
I love seeing guys I chose to recruit set records, Its nice to see someone I hand picked win an award, make a huge play. ETC. For me dynasty recruiting is the reason I play the game.
^^^^This for the win...There's definitely something to be said for putting in the time to land that prized recruit and watch him turn into a stud. Or to find that 3 star diamond in the rough that turns out to be the staple of your program for 4 years. In a weird sorta way, you kind of gain an attachment to a recruit every now and again.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:36 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: o you guys get burned out when the "real players" are gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammidysam
I want to recruit and make my own team, but when I get all amped up for recruiting and start recruiting I get bored quickly... Recruiting just isn't for me, I guess.
Same here. I want to build my team... but the recruiting process is so boring and tedious to me. That is my biggest downfall in Dynasty. I used to run like 6 teams and I have finally cut it down to two in order to make it less work and more fun.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:06 AM   #39
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: o you guys get burned out when the "real players" are gone?

Depends:

If it's with Clemson then yes sometimes I get burnt out.

IF it's with another team I can go for the 30 years.

Last year I did two 30 year dynasties. Clemson and SMU.

I'm going Clemson of course this year, and starting as the OC somewhere small, will run the spread option or pistol.

And a dynasty with Hawaii i think.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:21 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_magic
To be honest I hardly follow college football, I may have heard of a few of the star players but most are unknown to me.

The recruiting and building my own team and getting to know my fictional players is what makes NCAA football one of my favorite games.

In some ways I'm lucky because of not knowing many players I can just autoname the roster and start right from day 1 with real players but get to know them as Mike Smith instead of Mark Ingram for example.
Same here. Every player is autogenerated from day 1 for me so it doesn't make much of a difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »