Home

Hardest team to turn into a 6 star team?

This is a discussion on Hardest team to turn into a 6 star team? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 11:42 AM   #65
Rookie

AZ9er's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Hardest team to turn into a 6 star team?

I'm revisiting this topic because last night I started 1-star dynasties with a few teams and the New Mexico State experience was horrid. I barely had 3-4 2* recruits even having me in the top 10 and the state itself maxes out at 2-3 3* recruits. Then once the season started, playing with kkman187's All-American Beta 3 Sliders, I was quickly down to Minnesota 21-7 in the 2nd quarter. I don't think there was a single player on the team with speed greater than 88, or rating greater than 84. I think I'll keep marching on though, because I was looking for a challenge and this definitely fit the bill.

For those wanting an easier 1-star experience, I recommend Army. I started a dynasty with Army and they actually have a pretty decent C rated team and quite a few 3* recruits interested.

Last edited by AZ9er; 07-15-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 12:00 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 10

I tend to try and do this each year with at least one team for some fun.

EMU seems to take the longest every time. They have to deal with Michigan, MSU, and CMU not to even mention Minnesota, Wisconsin, OSU, Ohio, Cincinnati, etc... teams in the border for the 3-5 star recruits. But then you turn around and they have to fight with WMU, Akron, Kent St, Toledo, Ball State etc... for any recruit in the 1-3 star range.

Their pitches are horrendous, their team isn't much better. Then you throw in they have to play at least 1 or two ranked teams a year based on scheduling and boom there you have a horrible week or two of recruiting.

Other Teams Mentioned are difficult as well but Idaho is the 2nd worse team from experience but for some reason I tend to get a solid number of 3 * overflow from California and even sneak a few from Montana/Wyoming/North and South Dakota/Canada early on which makes it a bit easier.

The third team I would list would have to be Western Kentucky, as they deal with the majority of the same issues as EMU but they have less teams in their own state which allows you to sneak a recruit here and there.

Next on the list would be:
4. FAU (Too many teams in state and in border, some average pitches)
5. SJST (Able to sneak a few from the Cali area and around with so many teams going after the 5*s first)
6. NMST (Has to battle NM, ASU, AZ for the area recruits but low number from that state makes it difficult)
7. FIU (See FAU)
8. Ball State (Lot of the same reasons as EMU/WKU)
9. Utah State (For some reason I always have abundance of recruits from Utah)
10. WMU/Akron (WMU starts with better pitches than EMU and others while Akron can snag a few here and there with such a large population of recruits in Ohio and thats why both teams are at 10.)
Old 07-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

Eastern Michigan?
Old 07-15-2011, 12:20 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

i would have to say Ohio Western kentucky and any other lower ranked team?? currently im having problems getting kent to be a powerhouse been through maybe 4 or 5 seasons with (8-4) records maybe a (9-4) or (9-3) and went up 1 star only. :/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »