Home

NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Graphics/Presentation - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Graphics/Presentation - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 09:41 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Graphics/Presentation - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSS

PS3 version does not look as good as the 360 demo. I can say that with certainty. There is a clarity on the 360 that is missing on the PS3.

I should have gone with the 360 version, I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 12
Icon8 Re: NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Graphics/Presentation - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSS

Just finishing up my first game on ps3. Iowa vs Iowa State. This game doesn't look as good as last year. I debated and debated with myself to go buy an xbox, (after the demo) but I cheaped out, and this is what I get. I haven't seen the xbox version, but it has to look better then this.

I should clarify a little. The replays look great but the overall graphics package of the game are inferior to last years game. I am playing 12 on the same tv settings as I played 11 on just last night. I have also tried changing a bunch around to see if that helps, it doesn't.

I am playing as Iowa, and the numbers on the offensive line, before the start of a play, almost glow and look like a blob of white on the backs of the jerseys. There are jaggies like crazy all over the players. I will see what happens when I play with a different team, not that it matters, becaue I want to play with Iowa.

To bad. I guess I will have to spend some money....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 07-13-2011, 12:22 AM   #43
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Graphics/Presentation - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSS

Ok I am not digging night games at some of these stadiums. Washington's I am in right now in my current game and it kind of have that cartoony look to it.

I don't know if Washington play on astro turf or what, but at night it just doesn't look right.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:28 AM   #44
Banned

TheMove4's Arena

OVR: 7

Ps3 version is just as bad as the demo. So many jaggies and so blurry.

No idea if it EA screwed the game up for some people since not everyone has this issues it seems. But for those like me on PS3 on the demo who thought it looked like crap with all the jaggies and the game being blurry when in regular gameplay. Just wanted to say its the same on retail for me atleast.

So many jaggies which make PS3 blurry I cant even read alot of the numbers when playing a game as Wisconsin. At first I was running the ball with my RB White who is #20 and with all the jaggies he looked like #80 and I was like was is this WR my RB and was confused for a play.

The replays and cut scences looks great and clear as day but the gameplay looks like Im playing a PS2 game. Same as the demo.

I have a nice 1 year old 40' Sony Bravia 1080p LCD. Playing on 720p since the game doesnt support 1080p. But I also forced it to play at 1080P and it looks the same.

Last edited by TheMove4; 07-13-2011 at 01:31 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:29 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm having the same blurry and jagged issues, but I'm on a 360. We were talking about it in one of the other threads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 01:32 AM   #46
Banned

TheMove4's Arena

OVR: 7

Im so confused. I feel robbed. I feel like I got the Ps2 version and I playing it on my PS3.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:34 AM   #47
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Weimer
I'm having the same blurry and jagged issues, but I'm on a 360. We were talking about it in one of the other threads.

What kind of tv are you playing on? I figured that this was isolated to the ps3 version. I really need to figure out a way to see someones xbox version before I go and drop some cash on an xbox and get the same results. This is the first I have heard about xbox having these issues.
Did you download the patch? I read where that has had an affect on the graphics like helmets and the field.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 07-13-2011, 01:36 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
What kind of tv are you playing on? I figured that this was isolated to the ps3 version. I really need to figure out a way to see someones xbox version before I go and drop some cash on an xbox and get the same results. This is the first I have heard about xbox having these issues.
Did you download the patch? I read where that has had an affect on the graphics like helmets and the field.
Yeah, I downloaded the patch. I'm playing on a Samsung 55" LED 1080P HDTV. So one of the best TVs around and it's having issues.

I should note, I'm not really sure how bad the issues are on PS3 as I haven't read about them and didn't play the demo on the PS3 or 360. But my game does have blurry and jagged text especially on the main menu and sub menus. And then in the game menus as well. The field in my Michigan game doesn't look all that great either and the uniforms look faded and bland.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »