Home

NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Dynasty/Road To Glory - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Dynasty/Road To Glory - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Dynasty/Road To Glory - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSS

Just played my first game in RTG. I'm a WR/FS, which is what I initially played in HS (did switch to CB but didnt like it, so switched back.).

Score: Thornton 37. Hillcrest 7 (Last year, Thornton blew them out 55-10, so it was realistic.

Personal stats: 5 catches, 41 yards, long of 13, no drops. 40 recruiting points
1 tackle, 1 TFL, one INT. 60 recruiting points.

I will say that I missed 2 tackles for sure because of the janky camera angle. The first tackle I missed ended up being their lone score, a 57 yard scamper. The other was immediately cleaned up. As for the camera, I guess it sort of wobbles as you approach the ball carrier, depending on the direction he's running as well as the angle you're pursuing.

I did have to cheese a hurry up at one point just to get 2 catches. I wasn't targeted until the 2nd quarter, and apparently I'm an impact player on the team, so that's a problem.

I will say, if you don't like the fact that you're getting subbed out, change the sliders to not sub out WRs, or your position. Don't know if it'll work, but I got subbed out on O quite a bit, but not as much on D.

Also, it seems like the gameplay stays away from you. I can say that from experience, being a S is like being a OF in baseball, not as much action as the LBs and DL. If you play those positions, you'd be in on the play a lot.

As for running/passing, try adjusting your philosophy. I set my teams offense to a spread based running attack, but they ran too much. Also, we only run out of the gun, so I have to apply that to my RTG as well. But this is most likely looking like a test run so I can make adjustments.

Also, I recommend NOT using sliders for RTG whatsoever. The only thing I would recommend is lowering the play speed. MAYBE adjust sliders when you get to college, but not in HS since you can adjust the difficulty. And if you edited a roster on the site, it doesn't transfer over.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #50
Banned

Re: NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Dynasty/Road To Glory - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Looks like they did away with no commentary on non-tv games in dynasty mode. Kind of sucks. It's been like that forever and I always liked just the PA announcer for second rate games. It added some flavor and realism to dynasty games.
Just switch commentary to OFF for the lower-tier games.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:51 PM   #51
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
Just switch commentary to OFF for the lower-tier games.
I plan to. Just find it a bit strange that they changed it. It's been like that since 2002.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Just played my first game in RTG. I'm a WR/FS, which is what I initially played in HS (did switch to CB but didnt like it, so switched back.).

Score: Thornton 37. Hillcrest 7 (Last year, Thornton blew them out 55-10, so it was realistic.

Personal stats: 5 catches, 41 yards, long of 13, no drops. 40 recruiting points
1 tackle, 1 TFL, one INT. 60 recruiting points.

I will say that I missed 2 tackles for sure because of the janky camera angle. The first tackle I missed ended up being their lone score, a 57 yard scamper. The other was immediately cleaned up. As for the camera, I guess it sort of wobbles as you approach the ball carrier, depending on the direction he's running as well as the angle you're pursuing.

I did have to cheese a hurry up at one point just to get 2 catches. I wasn't targeted until the 2nd quarter, and apparently I'm an impact player on the team, so that's a problem.

I will say, if you don't like the fact that you're getting subbed out, change the sliders to not sub out WRs, or your position. Don't know if it'll work, but I got subbed out on O quite a bit, but not as much on D.

Also, it seems like the gameplay stays away from you. I can say that from experience, being a S is like being a OF in baseball, not as much action as the LBs and DL. If you play those positions, you'd be in on the play a lot.

As for running/passing, try adjusting your philosophy. I set my teams offense to a spread based running attack, but they ran too much. Also, we only run out of the gun, so I have to apply that to my RTG as well. But this is most likely looking like a test run so I can make adjustments.

Also, I recommend NOT using sliders for RTG whatsoever. The only thing I would recommend is lowering the play speed. MAYBE adjust sliders when you get to college, but not in HS since you can adjust the difficulty. And if you edited a roster on the site, it doesn't transfer over.
This just in, Iowa State, Indiana, and Ball State are interested in me (at WR) and WKU, Indiana, and Iowa St. for FS! I put my college choices as: Miami, Illinois, N. Illinois.

So my list so far: Miami, Illinois, N. Illinois, Indiana, and Iowa St. One star at both positions.

I may do a little story that branches from HS, to college, to the NFL depending on if anyone would be interested in reading. So let me know!

I know I rambled off topic, but it's looking like you're gonna have to string together good performances to get offers from higher-tiered teams. I'm guessing playoff games hold more weight as well.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:56 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I plan to. Just find it a bit strange that they changed it. It's been like that since 2002.
Yeah I know, but they most likely did it because of the complainers about no commentary in all games. Probably why it's an option.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:58 PM   #54
Rookie

Stavie Steelo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
This just in, Iowa State, Indiana, and Ball State are interested in me (at WR) and WKU, Indiana, and Iowa St. for FS! I put my college choices as: Miami, Illinois, N. Illinois.

So my list so far: Miami, Illinois, N. Illinois, Indiana, and Iowa St. One star at both positions.

I may do a little story that branches from HS, to college, to the NFL depending on if anyone would be interested in reading. So let me know!

I know I rambled off topic, but it's looking like you're gonna have to string together good performances to get offers from higher-tiered teams. I'm guessing playoff games hold more weight as well.
I got the same schools except for the one's I picked which were Wisconsin, Florida, and Oregon. Not sure if you're guy is from Illinois or if they just give those out all the time. Assuming Illinois since you picked them and NIU.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #55
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Creating a coach now for dynasty, and all of the body types are ridiculous lol. Even with a Medium body type, the guy still looks like some kind of a hunchbacked gorilla, especially with a suit on.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #56
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
I agree with you in this regard, in real life. In the game, however, even playing as a MLB where you would expect to be in on the play a lot, it just doesn't happen. You get shoved around so easily and held all the time. The interaction when engaged needs a good bit of work. If I'm a blue chipper, I shouldn't get held up by lower-tier linemen.

Aside from that, I think part of the problem with RTG stems from being awarded points based solely upon statistics. You should receive positive marks and gain experience for other reasons, including ability to cover your man, ability to stay in your zone, ability to read the play, and so forth. These more intangible skills need to boost your experience, so even if you only end up with zero or one tackle on defense, you are still rewarded for hard work in other areas of your game.

The same could be said on offense, and I think most notably as a QB in terms of reading your check-downs and overall awareness. But you should also get points for making the right plays at the right time, such as running out of bounds when you need to stop the clock, making blocks when you're not running, and so on.

The mode could really be excellent, but like Dynasty, it really needs to deepen with details. I hope EA gets to that in the next few cycles, but I'm not holding my breath.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »