Home

NCAA Retail Impressions (Teambuilder - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSIONS)

This is a discussion on NCAA Retail Impressions (Teambuilder - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSIONS) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #17
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA Retail Impressions (Teambuilder - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSIONS)

I'm not sure if many know this, but what ever playbook you used in 11 will not be the same in 12. so you'll have to look through the playbook to see if you like it. my one team is run heavy in 11 it gave me a spread look with some other run formations. this year not only do I get single back formations I have bout 6 I form, power I , weak and strong , plus three formations in shotgun.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #18
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2

on the end zones i think it helps not to have your outline color the same as your text color. might be hard to do with teams with only two colors (when one of them is white or black) but still.
also you might get a little help not using a colored background.

i know it's not optimal but it might work.

i was really disappointed on the jerseys text font. whatever the first choice is (i forgot what its called "college"? "standard"?) doesn't come out well at all. the third one is the one i used (the one after "italics") in order to show correctly otherwise even on large it will show up very small.
Chicago White Sox
Old 07-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I'm not seeing the end zone issues that other people are here's an example of one of my teams with the college style font and it looks fine. I have other teams using the other font types and I don't see any problems with them either. maybe a PS3 thing?
EA Sports: NCAA Football 12 Photo
You think that looks fine... hardly. The outline just looks bad. It should be smooth. I could understand if they were letting us put graphics in end zones, but that is just horrible.

Redownloading teams doesn't do a thing.

It doesn't matter whether you use an outline or not, the outline looks horrible.

To the user who says it looks just fine on your PS3, can we get a pic? I'd like to know if it is possible to get a smooth text in the end zone and at midfield.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:42 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

Yeah, that Suffolk one is still bad. It's completely wrong, the spacing is wrong, the quality of the letters is horrid. I've been posting a lot of examples in the "Grainy Text" thread in the TB forum, but I didn't know there was an impressions thread for TB.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...zone-text.html

Here's a couple ones that I posted:

Here it is in higher resolution too

And then some comparison shots for how it looks on the Team Builder site versus how it looks in the game:

In game:

How about a couple more examples. The "Italics" one looks even worse:

Teambuilder site, Italics:

In game:

Now, I'm a web developer who more or less obsesses over fonts... so maybe my eyes pick up on these things more, but the font faces aren't even the same, the spacing is all wrong on the letters themselves (note the gaps and kerning, note the spacing in, say, an "M" or a "U"), and the letters themselves are so far apart. In Teambuilder website, the team name is centered in the middle of the endzone, like how most colleges do things, eyt in the game, they stretch the letters out from left to right. It looks ridiculous. The colors are also just all wrong.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:42 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
You think that looks fine... hardly. The outline just looks bad. It should be smooth. I could understand if they were letting us put graphics in end zones, but that is just horrible.

Redownloading teams doesn't do a thing.

It doesn't matter whether you use an outline or not, the outline looks horrible.

To the user who says it looks just fine on your PS3, can we get a pic? I'd like to know if it is possible to get a smooth text in the end zone and at midfield.
the point is it looks way better than what you posted and yes it really does look fine especially in game this pic is directly overhead and zoomed in. during normal game play it looks exactly how it's supposed to look
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 05:45 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 29

Rebel10 I agree what your posting and my screenshot aren't perfect, but they're a far cry from what Tdiddy + doc posted. and again during regular play I certainly don't notice any of this stuff
Old 07-13-2011, 05:48 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
the point is it looks way better than what you posted and yes it really does look fine especially in game this pic is directly overhead and zoomed in. during normal game play it looks exactly how it's supposed to look
If I'm on the opposite side of the field it looks fine, but once I'm on my side of the field, you can tell it is fuzzy and pixelated. Compare a TB end zone to a real team end zone that has something basic and surely the difference can be seen.

It also doesn't change that the midfield logo looks horrible as well. I'll try to get some pictures later. The Villanova one looked particularly bad earlier. It obviously isn't specific as a PS3 user says theirs looks perfect.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #24
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

I was trying to give my team some alternates thru teambuilder and i'm noticing that coach prestige doesn't get recognized when importing the team into a dynasty. whether i create a coach or not, i still get "D" prestige thru the import when in teambuilder i have it set to an "A+".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »