Home

NCAA Football 12 Highlight Reel Thread

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Highlight Reel Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2011, 12:00 AM   #81
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA 12 Highlight Reel Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
correct me if im wrong doesnt the cover 2 sink mean the LBs should keep guys in front of them?

Doesnt the cover 2 buc make the MLB drop deep?
Well in cover 2 sink the LB's have the same assignment Hook Curl (yellow zone) as regular cover 2 but its the CB who now also have Hook Curl too instead of flats like they do in normal cover 2. But they are all stopping curls and maybe 5-7 yard crossing routes. But you are right about cover 2 Buc had he played that the MLB would have been right there in the middle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 12:07 AM   #82
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
My game winning Touchdown against J-Unit. 35-34 Auburn!!

Had aaaaalllllllllllllllll day on that one,someone was bound to get open with that much time.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:08 AM   #83
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
Well in cover 2 sink the LB's have the same assignment Hook Curl (yellow zone) as regular cover 2 but its the CB who now also have Hook Curl too instead of flats like they do in normal cover 2. But they are all stopping curls and maybe 5-7 yard crossing routes. But you are right about cover 2 Buc had he played that the MLB would have been right there in the middle.
that makes sense, thanks for the post

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:22 AM   #84
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

Forgive my blind sense of optimism, but in my opinion, a few of you guys are reading into these videos too much, heh.

All I've seen are some AMAZING new animations and a sense of fluidity that has never before happened in a football video game, let alone NCAA.

It's everyone's right as a paying customer to discuss the game and things they don't like, but I'm baffled how we can knit-pick at some things like a few of you are. If every play on offense and defense played the same way every time I would be bored to death. We NEED missed coverages from time to time, we NEED the CPU to make some stellar plays even if those on defense "should've" made the tackle. If things that were supposed to happen the majority of the time happened ALL the time, I would throw this game away.

I don't know, I just feel like some people want this game to play like a really pretty text-sim, when in the end, it is a video game.

Much respect to everyone though! I say this not with an eye for stirring up trouble, just one honest opinion.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:25 AM   #85
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
Forgive my blind sense of optimism, but in my opinion, a few of you guys are reading into these videos too much, heh.

All I've seen are some AMAZING new animations and a sense of fluidity that has never before happened in a football video game, let alone NCAA.

It's everyone's right as a paying customer to discuss the game and things they don't like, but I'm baffled how we can knit-pick at some things like a few of you are. If every play on offense and defense played the same way every time I would be bored to death. We NEED missed coverages from time to time, we NEED the CPU to make some stellar plays even if those on defense "should've" made the tackle. If things that were supposed to happen the majority of the time happened ALL the time, I would throw this game away.

I don't know, I just feel like some people want this game to play like a really pretty text-sim, when in the end, it is a video game.

Much respect to everyone though! I say this not with an eye for stirring up trouble, just one honest opinion.
To be fair, theres plenty of people(me probably included) assuming the exact opposite from the same sample size.

Its the nature of the beast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 12:30 AM   #86
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpq12
To be fair, theres plenty of people(me probably included) assuming the exact opposite from the same sample size.

Its the nature of the beast.
Very true indeed. The honeymoon period is full of a lot of early divorcees and a lot of love-struck individuals. My head was just starting to hurt after reading all of these discussions of who should and should not be doing this or that and why a certain thing is totally unacceptable.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:31 AM   #87
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
Very true indeed. The honeymoon period is full of a lot of early divorcees and a lot of love-struck individuals. My head was just starting to hurt after reading all of these discussions of who should and should not be doing this or that and why a certain thing is totally unacceptable.
I really don't like feeling that I am not allowed to post observations. The guy was wide open, not saying something is wrong with the game, just saying the guy was wide open, what's the big deal?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:44 AM   #88
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I really don't like feeling that I am not allowed to post observations. The guy was wide open, not saying something is wrong with the game, just saying the guy was wide open, what's the big deal?
I hope I didn't come across that way -- your views are more than helpful and necessary.

My main point of view is that I feel that we can look at one play out of 120 or so during a game and use that as a basis to feel something needs tweaked when in reality it may actually not be that common at all. I'm not trying to pick on anyone or "shut someone down" -- I just felt there was a lot of over-analyzing going on.

Much respect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »