Home

How will you use player editing in dynasty?

This is a discussion on How will you use player editing in dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #49
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: How will you use player editing in dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Vol
Any word yet if we can edit what class a player is in...allowing medical redshirts?
Someone already said no.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

I started a similar thread but I was thinking about editing pvelayer tendencies but I am having 2nd thoughts because if I spend more than 2 days (like I planned) editing players then EA tunes/patches something making "X, Y, Z" to powerful I would be very said so with this being a possibillity I will probably only edit 1 or 2 teams to play as and against.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #51
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I will:

1) Fix the height/weight issues. If a O-Linemen comes in at 265lbs and red shirts then the next season he will be around 290lbs. Then by senior year may be at the 300lb mark. Same for other positions. Any issue I see I will correct.

2) Finial allow teams that run a 3-4 to have the right kind of players. I have always hated this because I run a 3-4. Move DT's between the 285lb to 300lb mark to DE and DT's 310lb plus. Move smaller DE's to OLB and give them correct ratings.

3) Make athletes truly athletes. Most of these guys play multiple positions in high school so I will make them able to play a couple positions. An example would be a recruit how can play HB, WR, DB. I would also add some more TE/LB, OL/DL, and the QB athletes in the game now make them able to play as a HB or WR and maybe even a DB here and there.

4) Allow for that 3* and 2* player to become a stud. I'm not talking making them 99ovr but high 80's by senior year.

5) Prevent stock piles at one position

6) Correct any progression issues I may see. No more guys progressing for doing nothing unless red shirted.

7) Medical red shirts only using the real rules.

8) Any depth chart issues that may arise. No more back-up QB's playing WR or DB.

I only play offline so I feel I can do as I please. Thank you EA for putting a feature in the game that we have wanted for a few years now. I don't mind spending the time to make the game better for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 01:00 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 5

What would be a good way to pick who turns out to be a bust and who turns out to be a diamond in the rough?

I'm thinking I want to make 5 players from the 4-5 star pool busts each year and make 5 3* players and 1 2* guy diamonds in the rough.

I want to do it where it is totally random and I will wait until the end of recruiting before figuring out who is who so I don't know.

Any ideas?
Old 07-11-2011, 01:04 PM   #53
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Vol
What would be a good way to pick who turns out to be a bust and who turns out to be a diamond in the rough?

I'm thinking I want to make 5 players from the 4-5 star pool busts each year and make 5 3* players and 1 2* guy diamonds in the rough.

I want to do it where it is totally random and I will wait until the end of recruiting before figuring out who is who so I don't know.

Any ideas?

random.org

If there are 26 FIVE star guys, go there and enter 1 as the min and 26 as max. Sort your draft class by the 5 star players in the game. Click generate on the website, and there you have the number of the player that has become a bust.

Obviously do the same for your other boom/bust guys.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #54
Rookie

Oil Nation's Arena

OVR: 1

Depending on how the recruits progress, I will likely add 5-10 points to awareness for the majority of the players in the game, and if this throws off the OVR then I will drop the physical skills (Ie: THP) by a few points to off set it.

I think this will go a long ways into helping the CPU teams play much better, especially the option oriented ones. It will however all depend on how well the CPU generated recruits progress. I thought last year that some of the problems with the game were fixable by increasing player awareness, especially later in dynasty.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
random.org

If there are 26 FIVE star guys, go there and enter 1 as the min and 26 as max. Sort your draft class by the 5 star players in the game. Click generate on the website, and there you have the number of the player that has become a bust.

Obviously do the same for your other boom/bust guys.

Exactly the kind of thing I was looking for...thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #56
Rookie

inchez34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I will:

3) Make athletes truly athletes. Most of these guys play multiple positions in high school so I will make them able to play a couple positions. An example would be a recruit how can play HB, WR, DB. I would also add some more TE/LB, OL/DL, and the QB athletes in the game now make them able to play as a HB or WR and maybe even a DB here and there.

This ^^^^

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »