Home

How will you use player editing in dynasty?

This is a discussion on How will you use player editing in dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How will you use player editing in dynasty?

1. Edit recruits to match committed players and prospects likely to sign in real life

2. Edit top recruits in the nation to match real life

3. Adjust weights to simulate realistic weight gain (maybe add more weight to big time programs' players to simulate better S&C programs)

4. Edit recruits playstyle to match size (ex. no 180 pound power backs)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #66
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
They are not editable.
Thank you, but man thats a bummer
Old 07-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
They are not editable.
Thats really disappointing. There are still many great things that can be achieved with the editing tool but it would have been over the top to keep the weight progression of players realistic as well as keeping teams that run a 3-4 with the correct type of linemen.

Hopefully this can be adjusted via patch.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:30 PM   #68
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

1- I plan on amping up players on top teams or teams I want to be top teams. Rival schools to keep them competitive, etc.

2- I plan on fixing the few ratings bugs that might crop up, like the WR nerfing last year.

3- On my own team I am taking an RPG approach. I am taking out my D6 and rolling to see how many players I can edit each off-season and then rolling a D20 for each of those players to see how many points I can use.

4- Will try to keep up with reality a little. If a player comes out of nowhere in real life, I'll edit him in my Dynasty.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:53 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 1

Funny how most people here said they will raise the ratings of random 2 and 3 star players but not lower random 4 and 5 star ratings to be busts.

From how high the ratings are apparently this year... (one person who simmed 6 seasons said there were 8, 99 overall Quarterbacks alone! I will be lowering ratings to make sure that there are very few if any players rated 99. I also dont want many players with 99 ratings in speed, agaility, acceleration, strength, man coverage, etc...
Old 07-12-2011, 01:36 AM   #70
Rookie

Like most have said I will bump up 3*recruit ratings (AWR) only. For 1/2* recruits I will give quite a few of them a bump in athletic ability so some of the lower tier schools get some more athleticism on their team.

& I will definitely be editing the god awful FBs
Old 07-12-2011, 03:21 AM   #71
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10

Something to think about for guys like me, who plan on editing teams to playbooks style of coaches. One big factor in that process is determining when the coach arrived at the school since CC has been added. B/c you don't want to edit players to fit a 3-4 scheme if the players where there b4 the coach arrived.

And another scenerio that I might use player edit to increase ratings, is if someone has a good SR year; I mean nationally good. I would consider editing them so that they fall into the ratings of players that get imported to madden. Last year it was 90+ .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #72
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

I just recieved my first recruiting class and Im totally dissapointed that you cant edit the players weight. I thought the patch was supposed to give us "full editing"! I despise having 265lb DT's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »