Home

Most Glaring Issue middle of the field?

This is a discussion on Most Glaring Issue middle of the field? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Most Glaring Issue middle of the field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
The middle of the field hasn't been money for me...yeah it's open alot, but it's not money
This. Sure I can make some nice completions, but I'm not going 14/14 in the middle of anything.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:33 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
Drop a fast DE into middle zone or seam coverage to avoid the quick slant, and turn the guy loose out towards the flat if the pass is a quick out or pitch.

The extra man in coverage sometimes cornfuses the AI QB into thinking there is a numerical disadvantage in the middle of the field. This worked for me in NCAA11, Madden 10, and HC09. I live by it.
Great to hear!!! If its still my number one option im cool with that I just dont want it to be by far the best option that makes it unrealistic. If I see a number one reciever open then I want to feel more comfortable goin to him as a college qb would
Old 07-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #11
Banned

TheMove4's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
This is my biggest issue. If I can throw to the middle of the field whenever I need a first down or a big play then whats the point?

I'm not gonna jump of the bridge yet. I'm hoping the patch or sliders can fix this.
Its always been like this in Madden and NCAA. Games broken and it is why every year I buy EAs football game I spend all my time on sliders and drop the game for NBA 2k when it comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 10:54 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMove4
Its always been like this in Madden and NCAA. Games broken and it is why every year I buy EAs football game I spend all my time on sliders and drop the game for NBA 2k when it comes out.

I would not say broken but it does really hurt the realism when you would rather go to a sub par tight end than a 90 rated wideout just based on gameplay not the defense doubling or something but I guess we just hope they can have the D cover those routes better like I said I doubt it cuz to me this is the most glaring issue of these games for years and its still obvious to the few who are playing pre release? but I love college football and i will sill buy it like the rest of us suckers haha
Old 07-10-2011, 12:50 AM   #13
Banned

TheMove4's Arena

OVR: 7

Im gonna be honest I was planning on skipping NCAA this year. And i also forgot till I read this post that this is the reason I always sell the game after I buy it.

I do this every year but I forgot all about it this year. I keep running 4-5 Wr sets and see how badly I can exploit short middle passes and score every drive with ease. At first I competed my first 5 passes. And I was thinking great here we go again. But the CPU adjusted or something. I ended up getting picked. Next drive nothing open in the middle again and took a few big sacks. I came away impressed.

I might have to buy the game. But I will spend more time with the demo see if I can find any glaring holes and if I can exploit the crap out of the game like past versions.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:25 AM   #14
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1

The middle of the field has been easy money for years and years. Slot WRs and TEs dominate.

I notice it online more than I do offline though. Offline o tend to play more realistic. Online you gotta do what you gotta do to move the chains.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:16 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

The middle of the field is open more than other areas I think but it's by no means money whatsoever. Also, you have to realize its human nature to see open receivers in the middle of the field than the sidelines. Not saying it doesn't need tweaked but it's not the major flaw some may think it's going to be. At least not from my experience. The safety play in this game is worlds better than 11.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 04:45 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

patch possibly? comment #22

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...cussion-3.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »