Home

What position do you like to control on defense?

This is a discussion on What position do you like to control on defense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2011, 11:19 AM   #33
Pro

Xero Theory 42's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: What position do you like to control on defense?

i cycle through my DL from LE to RE. so LE 1st down DT 2nd etc.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

MLB is the way to go or OLB depending on which is faster/better...I usually lead the ncaa in int's and tackles with him, or some season I'll go for more sacks than INT's
Old 07-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 1

DE or DT
I love putting pressure on the QB, I have an idea for NCAA 13 and expanding on player lock, thats somewhere the devs really need to go next year, especially with the linemen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

In a 4-3, I am the MLB most of the time, and in the 3-4 I am the lower rated MLB. If I am doing a blitz with man I either like to be one of the blitzers or if I am having trouble getting pressure I like to be the man covering the RB (so if he stays in to block I can just take off from the snap and blitz). When I am blitzing in a zone (I only do this in the nickel) I like to be the corner coming off the edge. When in a 3rd and long and not blitzing, I like to be the lower rated DE and do a QB spy/short zone with him.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:00 PM   #37
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
I've played FS since NCAA 2004 in both madden and NCAA.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

I use the LDE about 30% of the time. Like someone else said, I can never do ANYTHING with the RE for some reason (I guess they overpower the LT's). Then, I'll use the MLB about 40% of the time, or a blitzing OLB the rest of the time. I've never used a DB in the normal camera view because you're just too far away from the action and always ended up having to switch to a front seven guy to make the tackle, but I do like to player lock corners and safeties though sometimes.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 5

DE or LB....I usually do DE..but sometimes I like LB...I like fake blitzing even if the AI probably doesnt read me as blitzing...but I've pretended to blitz with a MLB, dropped back into coverage and picked off a pass...felt great!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Since i spend most of the time playing the CPU i like to use a Player Lock mode or "No Switch Rule" style of play.

I control the DT and let my AI teammates function on the field using their own ratings without me interfering...I believe this is the best way to determine outcomes and makes for the best simulation style of play

If you think about it on a team you can only control your own actions right?

When i create sliders i let guys no in advance that the sliders were built using the NO SWITCH RULE on defense you have to trust the other players on your team to do their own job and once you do that you'll see that CPU teams you are playing will give you more challenging and fair games on the field.

In fact this year I think Coach mode is going to be very interesting for me....

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »