Home

Things that you are going to love since you can now edit in Dynasty mode

This is a discussion on Things that you are going to love since you can now edit in Dynasty mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2011, 02:22 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Things that you are going to love since you can now edit in Dynasty mode

Without getting to deep into ratings these are just some of the things you have the ability to adjust this year with a key rating listed by me

Every video posted is that of the CPU AI after edits to NCAA 11 which should still carry over to NCAA 12 if needed.

The ability to make Offensive Linemen smarter especially while blocking on the move and making the correct block as you'll see by the Penn St RG Mike Munchak.....(AWR + IBL)

The Ability to make LB's or for that matter any defender more ordinary in their leaping ability....Vol's LB Al Wilson reacts to the pass but his jump rating was reduced down to 60 takes away the super man leaping ability makes the result of the play look very realistic

The ability to seperate aggressive tacklers from conservative tacklers (POW) Ohio St CB Shawn Springs has only 40 hit power it makes him a more conservative tackler

The ability to make WR's more aggressive blocking down field....VT's Antonio Freeman has 52 Run Block, 69 Impact Block and 51 Run Block Footwork. Nothing drastic but just a small tweak up on these ratings makes a huge difference on the field

The ability to make the CPU Option attack functional.....This actually requires a combination of sliders and player edits but it's possible to fix if EA didn't give it a shot in the arm this year. I'll waite to get the 1st before going into detail

The ability to make the CPU a threat in the Return game....This is kinda like the Option attack as it requires more than one player to be edited on their special teams units....but again i'll waite to see if sliders alone fixes the issue this year

Some Basic explanation of ratings for those planning to use the new Player Ratings Editing option once inside Dynasty Mode to edit possible CPU recruits or to seperate player tendencies if you desire

Acceleration (ACC): Determines how fast a player can reach his top speed.

Agility (AGI): The player’s ability to move laterally and avoid tacklers.

Awareness (AWR): Football intelligence. Higher AWR players react more quickly to plays and are less likely to be fooled by misdirection or put themselves in better position while in zone coverage.

Ball Carrier Vision (BCV): The ball carrier’s ability to spot the open hole or run to daylight.

Block Shedding (BSH): The defender’s ability to shed a blocker against the pass or run.

Break Tackle (BTK): The player’s ability to break a tackle.

Carrying (CAR): The ball carrier’s ability to carry the ball without fumbling.

Catch (CTH): The player’s ability to catch the football and hold on.

Catch in Traffic (CIT): The receiver’s ability to make tough catches over the middle in traffic.

Elusiveness (ELU): The ball carrier’s ability to avoid being tackled.

Finesse Move (FMV): The defender’s ability to go around a run or pass blocker.

Hit Power (POW): The defender’s ability to use the hit stick to make a tackle or cause a fumble.

Impact Blocking (IBL): Reflects the player’s ability to place a strong block on a defender.

Injury (INJ): How injury-prone a player is. Higher-rated players are less likely to get hurt.

Juke Move (JKM): The ball carrier’s ability to perform a juke move.

Jumping (JMP): The player’s ability to jump or leap vertically.

Kicking Accuracy (KAC): The ability of a player to aim and kick or punt a football.

Kicking Power (KPW): How far a player is able to kick or punt a football.

Man Coverage (MCV): The ability of a defender to play man coverage on a receiver.

Pass Block Footwork (PBF): The pass blocker’s ability to use his feet to run block.

Pass Blocking (PBK): The pass blockers ability to pass block.

Pass Block Strength (PBS): The blocker’s ability to use his strength to pass block.

Play Recognition (PRC): The defender’s ability to read the play once the ball is snapped.

Power Move (PMV): The defender’s ability to use a power move to disengage from a run or pass blocker.

Press (PRS): The defender’s ability to jam the receiver at the line of scrimmage. The higher the rating, the longer the jam.

Pursuit (PRS): The defender’s ability to pursue the ball carrier.

Release (RLS): The receiver’s ability to beat press (bump-n-run) coverage. The higher the rating, the quicker the receiver will beat the jam.

Return (RET): The ability of a punt or kick returner to return the ball.

Route Running (RTE): The receiver’s ability to run precise pass routes.

Run Block Footwork (RBF): The run blocker’s ability to use his feet to run block.

Run Blocking (RBK): The run blocker’s ability to run block.

Run Block Strength (RBS): The run blockers ability to use his strength to run block.

Spectacular Catch (SPC): The ability of the receiver to make spectacular catches. Only receivers with a high SPC can make these types of catches.

Speed (SPD): Is used to measure the player’s top end and overall speed.

Spin Move (SPM): The player’s ability of the ball carrier to use the spin move.

Stamina (STA): The ability of a player to regain energy after each play. Players with low stamina will have to be subbed more often to perform at peak levels.

Stiff Arm (SFA): The ball carrier’s ability to shove a would-be tackler away using a stiff arm.

Strength (STR): Measure of a player’s upper-body strength.

Tackle (TAC): The player’s ability to make tackles.

Throwing Accuracy (THA): The ability of a quarterback to hit his receiver and complete passes into tight spaces. A QB with a high THA rating can also throw better on the run.

Throwing Power (THP): The ability of a QB to throw the ball for distance and velocity.

Trucking (TRK): The ball carrier’s ability to run over a defender.

Zone Coverage (ZCV): The defender’s ability to play zone coverage.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 02:23 AM   #2
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Things that you are going to love since you can now edit in Dynasty mode

Playmakers' roster edit suggestions.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 07-10-2011, 02:26 AM   #3
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Good Stuff.

I'm way too lazy and impatient to do anything more than a few changes here and there, but looks like a great guide for those who want to go deeper into it.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:31 AM   #4
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

Playmakers, can you please give us a guide for this years game, all respect to ur retro roster but I want a formula for today's athletes.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:38 AM   #5
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
Playmakers, can you please give us a guide for this years game, all respect to ur retro roster but I want a formula for today's athletes.
Since I don't have a 360, I too would love for a "guide" or a "formula."

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 02:53 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Yea, I love what you do, but a little more details and insight would be nice. You've revealed a lot in many posts. Would be nice to have it summarized, so say if you want a back like, these guys that here, and if you know modern and historical representatives, man, that would be so awesome. I don't know if my thesis is going to get finished. Good thing I'm only in year 2 of the 5 year rule hahaha.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:54 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
I three for this secret formula!
Old 07-10-2011, 03:09 AM   #8
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

If you can make the CPU spread option effective(I'm judging from the demo), you're a hero.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »