Home

MOST UNLIKELY TEAMS TO SUCEED

This is a discussion on MOST UNLIKELY TEAMS TO SUCEED within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2011, 07:15 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MOST UNLIKELY TEAMS TO SUCEED

I've only played NCAA 11 but in the various dynasties I've had, the North Texas Mean Green has become a top 15 team after 3 or so years, and was a 4+ prestige school.

An even better story though, was with a Western Kentucky team. I was playing as Michigan State, and I was 4 or 5 years in, and I was looking at Heisman voting. Sure enough, a Western Kentucky QB was up there, 3rd or 4th. Surprised, I checked his rating. It was a 97!!! W. Kentucky had been showing decent improvement, going to a 2 star school, but they either got awfully lucky with a recruit, or got a nice transfer. I kept a watch on them, and they had a 9 or 10 win season, but unfortunately, due to a weak schedule, didn't make it to a bigger bowl game. I would have loved to switch to them before the season, stack the schedule, and lead them to a cinderella BCS bowl victory. He seemed to have no receivers, no line or defense, but made the most of it and kept a great QB rating.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #18
Rookie

k2thaz's Arena

OVR: 3

I think it was NCAA 09.. I controlled Akron to change things up. I ended up dominating the MAC for years but also broke into the top 25 and eventually the top 5. Even undefeated I wasn't going to the national title game. 2 straight years I went to the Sugar Bowl against Lousiana Tech.

LA Tech the other surprise team, also North Texas played in a few Orange Bowls in that time frame.

That Akron team was my favorite. Recruited a 3 star recruit Fred Fuller, reminded me of Randy Moss with punt return ability. 99 speed, 98 ACC, only 77 overall but he broke every WR record, and my RB, Khali Bell same thing, fast not a great overall but he was mostly there to catch out of the backfield.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #19
Rookie

In my two NCAA 10 dynasties I'd see teams like Miami(OH), Ohio, North Texas, and Central Michigan in the NC game against me multiple years. I personally thought it was awesome.

I think what pisses me off more is seeing 3-4 B1G teams undefeated or with 1 loss at the end of the year because of that shame of a schedule that is now thankfully gone.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:32 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90
Sort of the opposite, but on NCAA 2004 or 2005 I took North Texas to the Sugar Bowl and destroyed LSU, running back won the Heisman. Back when I was a terrible cheeser.
North Texas and Troy use to always make it far in the older games...

I dont find North Texas that surprising since they live in a fertile recruiting ground...TCU and Boise St have both won BCS bowls

I havent seen any that have jumped out at me
Old 07-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #21
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

North Texas and Middle Tennessee State are consistently good in any dynasty I've started on NCAA and sometimes Temple makes an appearance as a great team.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 09:59 PM   #22
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Worst I've seen is Nevada pulling into a BCS game. Then again, last year my dynasties had a very short life because of the horrible recruit ratings, so hopefully I have some solid memories from this season.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #23
Rookie

Toledo in my Colorado Dynasty keeps getting into the top 25 now so they must be doing something right up there haha. Ive never seen any of those teams in the National Championship though. Couple of bowl games yeah, but Ohio State is ALWAYS given the best preseason ranking even after I beat them in a national championship. (Thought Id just throw that last statement in there....)

THIS IS... ALABAMA FOOTBALL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »