Home

NCAA Football 12 - The Ultimate Conference Call

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 - The Ultimate Conference Call within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2011, 01:37 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Football 12 - The Ultimate Conference Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
I'd like some opinions from someone...I nearly have everything worked out...

ACC back to 9 teams(sending BC, VT and Miami back to the Big East)

Big East-BC, Syracuse, VT, WVU, Miami, Rutgers, Temple, Pitt

Big 10-Back to 10, minus Penn State

Big 8-Same as before it expanded to 12

CUSA-ECU, Louisville, USM, Memphis, Cincy, Tulsa, Tulane (I wanted Tulsa back into the 16 team WAC, but as you'll see soon, it's too big, and I wanted to make the minimum teams in CUSA)

MAC-Take out Temple and Buffalo, and put back Marshall

MWC-Turns into SWC when it had 9-Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, Houston, Rice, SMU, Arkansas

PAC 10-Same as before it went to 12

SEC-Back to 10 before Arkansas and South Carolina joined

So the WAC...I have gotten it down from 19 to 17(La Tech Independent and Tulsa to CUSA)
BYU, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado State, Texas El Paso, San Diego State, Hawaii, Air Force, Fresno State, UNLV, Nevada, Boise State, Idaho, New Mexico State, Utah State, San Jose State

Who do I get rid of? They all seem like they should stay, but I have to get rid of 1

Independents: Notre Dame, South Carolina, Army, Navy, Louisiana Tech, Penn State, Buffalo, USF, UAB, UCF, UConn

BYU was tempting to be the chosen one because they're going Independent now, but it would be weird without them. Idaho, New Mexico State and Utah State have the least connection to the conference since they're the newest, but they all joined at once, it's hard to single one out. Boise State almost seemed like the biggest outcast of the 17 to me, may be weird to have them be Independent though. San Jose State I guess is the leading candidate, but upon looking up the timeline of the WAC, they'll be the longest tenured member next year when Fresno, Nevada and Hawaii leave as they'll be the only school who has been there since before 2001, so it seems odd to kick them out. Hawaii because they're the geographic outlier? I've just got nothing here-any ideas would be appreciated
YOU ARE MISSING THE SUN BELT!

I see no reason why you can't make the WAC from 96-98, but you need to get the Sun Belt back in there before you do anything else. Unless you aren't touching the Sun Belt, then yea, i see the possible problems, though I'd take the teams out that weren't actually in the WAC and make them independent.

Why not keep Buffalo in the MAC and move UCF and Marshall back? 14-team MAC was good until the 2005 realignment broke it up some.

Why not UAB in C-USA, they joined pretty early on. USF I can understand leaving out as they were pretty solid as an independent.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NCAA Football 12 - The Ultimate Conference Call

I didn't change the Sun Belt, so I didn't mention them. I'd like to obliterate them from the planet, but I don't know who the SEC would beat up on if I did that.

As for UCF, Buffalo, UAB...they all moved up very very recently, since this is a semi-retro alignment, though not to any year specifically-there's a lot of 1991-1992 in it, and there's some late 90's in it as well. Those schools hadn't moved up yet.

One WAC schools needs to go, probably into the Independents. I'm thinking about UTEP being the only school in Texas and maybe moving them to CUSA or Independents. Or maybe Air Force because they're a service academy. I can't do the 96-98 WAC because TCU, SMU and Rice I want in the Southwest Conference.

I almost want to create a school like the guy who wrote this article, just so I can replace say Idaho or Utah State and that would solve my dilemma.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »