Home

NCAA Football 12 - The Ultimate Conference Call

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 - The Ultimate Conference Call within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 12 - The Ultimate Conference Call

http://kotaku.com/5819705/ncaa-footb...onference-call

Quote:
When my review copy arrived, and after I first plunged into Dynasty and began altering the conferences, I figured I would just restore the ACC to its original membership and have a charming what-if trip back to Tobacco Road. I spent the next five hours completely remaking each conference, puzzling out which protected matchups had the most tradition, whose bowl tie-ins made the most sense, and where title games in my new mega-conferences should be played. It was a perfectly hallucinated reality, one I'm delighted to share with you below.

I really want to create a 16-team Land Grant Superconference, with divisions named the Farmers and the Mechanics, but maybe I'll do that for Online Dynasty. For now, in my perfect model-railroad world of college football, here's who plays where.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 12 - The Ultimate Conference Call

Quote:
Now, you may expand or shrink conferences anywhere from 16 to four members. You may not delete or rename conferences or give them new logos. Theoretically, I think, you could have 11 four-team conferences and a pool of 76 independents.
this kind of line puzzles me, why write a review when you don't have all the facts? this guy is just going to confuse most people who haven't been paying attention to all the info
Old 07-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
this kind of line puzzles me, why write a review when you don't have all the facts? this guy is just going to confuse most people who haven't been paying attention to all the info
Guess he didn't know about the 32 team cap on indies.

He also seems to get silly with his protected matchups, obviously not aware that rivalry games are more than likely still scheduled, though in the Big XVI he has, I'm not quite sure how OU vs. Texas would work w/o protection. Something I'm going to have to test.

Also like how he ignores the BGSU/Toledo rivalry... I mean, who doesn't know that one!

Last edited by dochalladay32; 07-10-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
MVP

weeeeeeez's Arena

OVR: 3

Pretty interesting conferences. Think I might copy this for my dynasty.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:39 PM   #5
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

A very nice set up for folks who want to blast to the past with their initial dynasty, for me I want to blast into the future of where I think the NCAA conferences will be going.

That is what is so great about more control over conference set up. Something for everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #6
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3

I'll probably do a classic dynasty while i wait for rosters. Then a real one with the present and future changes.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #7
MVP

speedy43's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
Quote:

Theoretically, I think, you could have 11 four-team conferences and a pool of 76 independents.
Stopped reading at that point. The author's credibility just went down the drain.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #8
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
Stopped reading at that point. The author's credibility just went down the drain.
the piece wasn't really about credibility at all. It is the author's idea for his Conference set up and for some of us being able to fashion the conferences as we wish is one of the biggest reasons why we are hyped for the game.

Credibility doesn't matter, so the guy made a single mistake. Everything else in the article can be done and was pretty good stuff for someone looking to rearrange their conferences historically.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »