Home

Are you a Conservative or Aggresive player?

This is a discussion on Are you a Conservative or Aggresive player? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
Rookie

PhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 4
Are you a Conservative or Aggresive player?

I'm one who likes to punt the ball and pin the ball deep in the opponents end. I also rarely take risks on offense such as going deep, and if a pass isnt open ill throw the ball away of take a sack. My offense usually consits of 65% running and 35% short quick passes as we slowly gring out the clock and move the ball down the field slowly but steadily. Sometimes this hurt me, sometimes I've won big playing like this. Are you guys like this or do you march the ball with intermediate/ deep balls the whole way down?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
Rookie

Wildcat40's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are you a Conservative or Aggresive player?

I like to play it conservative. One of my strengths as a player was my vision so I like to run a lot of stretch plays, draws, and iso's. When I do this I like to adjust my blocking scheme to where I think I can find a cutback lane for my tailback to go. As far as my passing game I like to use the tight end a lot on seams, curls, and flats as they usually provide a mismatch with linebackers. If I see a defense loading the box on first down I will throw the ball deep just to keep them honest. I like to go into the game with a gameplan. Also I almost always punt on fourth down when I'm to far to kick a field. I usually do not try anything over 50 yards.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

On offense I am conservative, on defense I am definitely aggressive.

@ninerichardson

Old 07-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Really depends on my team.. If we are good on both offense and defense I am extremely conservative and will win like this often. If my Defense is awful then i try to find away to be aggressive on offense. That usually involves a lot of short and not risky (if they dont have to be) passes over the middle and no huddle.

PS- Since I dont really play online and dont play anyone here im not too worried about my secrets lol.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

The offensive side of the ball, I am very aggressive, I usually use PSU's play book and if I'm going to run I use the goaline Power-O and I use it alot.

For The passing attack I usually never use the Shotgun unless I'm down, My favorite formation was the 3 WR Bunch out of the Singleback with PSU the crossing on those plays gets DB's caught and is my big yardage playbook.

I used to be very aggressive on D but I had to change due to sliders

Now I just get a team with a good end and rush the QB that way usually out of the dime formation to cover myself if they pass. I let teams kill me in the run game because I can always revert to my old style and hold them to a Field Goal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #6
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm pretty conservative on offense.

I run probably 80% of the time. 10% screen plays, 8% short routes, 2% deep ball.

The only deep balls I throw are if I absolutely need it to win, I'm just not good at it, I'm a good ball handler/runner, I have great vision and I'm good with the stick. I just am not a passer at all.

I never go for it on 4th, well I do but it has to be a pretty sure bet I'll get it, one yard or less inside my 45 but not close enough for a field goal.

On defense I'm pretty agressive, I blitz alot, probably 70% of the time, it's usually only one guy, but proabaly 20% of the time it's two or more guys coming.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #7
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm usually fairly conservative on both sides of the ball.

On offense I tend to run a lot out of the 'I' formation, which means I would like to find a team for dynasty who is adept at doing that. My passes are typically medium distance. I do throw it long occasionally but I prefer to play a ball control-style system.

My defense usually consists of a lot of zone play and Cover 2, not blitzing usually more than 1 or 2 guys. I like to have some kind of pressure other than the D-line, but not too much as that's when I tend to give up points. I sometimes fall into the trap of playing too safe on D and giving up soft catches or rushing yards.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #8
Banned

belucheez's Arena

OVR: 0

I run all the time. Probably 60% of the time and when I do pass, I usually through to my TEs or FBs to get 3-4 yards. Works for me. I usually end with about 200 rushing yards a game if I break off a few big runs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »