Home

Way too many drops

This is a discussion on Way too many drops within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #25
Rookie

guitarzero303's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Way too many drops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Ultimately, it doesn't matter if there's too many dropped passes. What matters is if your pass comp. pct. falls between 62 and 66 percent, or whatever the norm is. Same for CPU. That's where the freaking user stats they took out would have helped let you know if there was an issue.

Just as long as it doesn't turn in NCAA 05 or 06, where a ridiculous amount of drops led to comp. pcts in the 49 to 53 percent range made the game a joke.
50% is actually fairly middle of the road for a qb in college. Those stats don't seem too off.

Last edited by guitarzero303; 07-10-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #26
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
I don't agree. Everybody is looking at the stats and I don't get it. If the catch should be made, make the catch. Don't have them drop the ball all over the place then tell me well the stats fall between this and this. NO! Make the catches that should be made. I don't care if the number are sim, I care that when I execute my strategy and out think my opponent the play is made when it should be.
I disagree with your disagreement. QBs execute their strategy and out think their opponents often, only to have their WR drop the ball. If that comp. pct. is between 62 and 66 percent, as I stated, then they're not going to be "dropping the ball all over the place,'' only on occasion, as it should be.
Unless, of course, you enjoy going 28 for 30 every game and leading the nation with an 85 percent completion rate.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 07-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I post to see if you've seen that they fixed some of the issues about drops (whether it hits them in the back or not ..it probably counts as a drop I would imagine.) and you reply in a smart *** way?

Some of you seriously make me wonder if it's really worth it to try and help/give feedback or have a friendly conversation with fellow gamers....
Dude, I gave you a smart *** comment because of the way you replied to that other guy, I felt it was uncalled for. I am not the kind of person who will be disrespectful for no reason, but I felt your original reply had a tone to it that was undeserved. No hard feelings,
Old 07-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
There is your problem your throwing into coverage. Now i don't know what the ratings for these recievers but I'm assuming that is your problem.

Don't throw the ball where you're leaving your reciever vulnerable.

In my opinion (based on the demo) they hit the nail on the head this year in terms of dropped passes, but I will wait until I have the retail version in my hands to make a final verdict.
That could be, and I hope you are right. All I know is that my thought process will need some trimming down if I don't plan on having my QB sacked 10 times a game LOL
I have noticed it in the flats and slants mostly, but they will have the ball for maybe a whole second before having it knocked loose.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #29
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPitcher
Dude, I gave you a smart *** comment because of the way you replied to that other guy, I felt it was uncalled for. I am not the kind of person who will be disrespectful for no reason, but I felt your original reply had a tone to it that was undeserved. No hard feelings,
What? I replied:

Did you read the NCAA Realease day patch info??

some drops are due to:

- Fixed an issue with the velocity of receivers when attempting to catch a pass that prevented catch animations from playing in certain situations (i.e. the ball bouncing off of a receiver without them making an attempt to catch it).

How exactly is asking if he seen the thread about the patch a bad reply?
Either way I've moved on. Good day sir.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #30
Banned

frankr409's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmr9
I'd rather have a bunch of drops with a low scoring game than ridiculous amount of catches and a score of 59-55 every game, IMO.
I agree. There is a slider setting for the kiddies that like to play arcade games. My game is tweaked to play an accurate completion percentage. Anyone watching LSU football knows that wide open receivers drop catches.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankr409
I agree. There is a slider setting for the kiddies that like to play arcade games. My game is tweaked to play an accurate completion percentage. Anyone watching LSU football knows that wide open receivers drop catches.
I agree to a point, but I still think I might use a slider set, I am having a VERY hard time moving the ball, if it all evens out, and the total yards and game play is even I guess I will be OK with that, but if the CPU does NOT drop as many passes and moved the ball up and down the field, then I will use sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm seeing way too many drops from wide open receivers. I didn't have this problem until I went up to Heisman so I'm worried it's just the CPU "cheating" to make it more difficult.

They seem to happen on drag routes and out routes most often. The ball will hit the WR right in the hands without a defender within 5 yards and just not catch the ball. Not getting hit, or failing to start the animation.

In 3 games on Heisman I've seen 8-9 drops like this. The first time, you're like "Oh man that sucks", but after so many you just feel cheated. Especially when it's a crucial 3rd down and you'd of easily had the first.

It sucks because I like the Heisman difficulty in this year's game more then last year. Last year I felt it was ridiculous with the impossibly tight coverage and zero pass blocking. This year it feels like you can make plays and WR everything, but now instead they made it so your WR have hands of stone so you can't get completions that way.

What it ended up doing was I'd either get a TD off a big play, or I'd have a 3 and out because I was always forced to play from behind the chains after incomplete passes.

Last edited by Wildcat67; 07-10-2011 at 09:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »