Home

Help for an NCAA rookie

This is a discussion on Help for an NCAA rookie within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #9
Pro

OpusX910's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Help for an NCAA rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
As some of you know, I'm from the UK, and I've been a fan of American Football for 7 years or so.

I ordered my first NCAA game a couple of days ago from Canada, and it should arrive either tomorrow or Tuesday. Despite having a decent knowledge of Pro Football, and having watched some college games, I have very little clue of how I should go about running a successful dynasty.

Recruiting in particular is an area of which I know extremely little, and I was wondering if I could get a few helpful hints and tips from the rest of the OS community on a few things, such as:

1. Which team should I go for? Is it better to start with a high-ranked team or a low one? I was thinking of maybe Colorado or Oklahoma but suggestions would be nice (I play on All-American and win roughly 50% of games on the demo. I usually play Madden on All-Pro but have found it too easy, however NCAA 12 is definitely harder)

2. How best to start my dynasty? Anything I need to know before I start my first season?

3. Recruiting - Simple strategies which I can use and not get too confused with. (Bear in mind I have very little knowledge of the college system, and my geographical knowledge is only reasonable.)

4. Gameplanning - Should I stick with the default playbooks? (Which is the way I am inclined to go as they will be well suited to the individual teams)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This community has been very helpful to me concerning college football over the past year or so, and now that the game's arrival is imminent I need all the help I can get!

Woody
Hey Woody! I race with ya in the ARL F9 league. Since I can't beat ya in F1, maybe i'll be able to in NCAA
Old 07-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #10
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX910
Hey Woody! I race with ya in the ARL F9 league. Since I can't beat ya in F1, maybe i'll be able to in NCAA
Hey mate, good to see you!

Maybe I'll take you up on that. Any tips while you're gatecrashing my thread?
Old 07-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #11
Pro

OpusX910's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
Hey mate, good to see you!

Maybe I'll take you up on that. Any tips while you're gatecrashing my thread?
Yes, but I am about to go to bed (work third shift)...will write up some tips for ya later tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #12
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX910
Yes, but I am about to go to bed (work third shift)...will write up some tips for ya later tonight.
Cheers mate, I'm going to need the help I think. Like I said, it's mostly the off-field things that I need to be educated on, however any help on how the heck I should execute the option would be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #13
Banned

matthew34brown's Arena

OVR: 0
Talking Re: Help for an NCAA rookie

If you are just now getting into NCAA...goodluck ur gonna need it!
Old 07-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #14
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew34brown
If you are just now getting into NCAA...goodluck ur gonna need it!
Well it'll take me a while to even get to know all the teams, let alone all the intricacies of recruiting and everything else.

Has anybody else got any more team suggestions?
Old 07-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #15
Rookie

SammyC14's Arena

OVR: 0

Glad your getting the game, welcome to the community. This may be stereotypical but...if you are a soccer fan, it's my opinon that college football in the US is the sport that most closely resembles the passion the players have for the game. You need to check out more games on Saturdays and it will bring even greater appreciation to NCAA 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #16
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyC14
Glad your getting the game, welcome to the community. This may be stereotypical but...if you are a soccer fan, it's my opinon that college football in the US is the sport that most closely resembles the passion the players have for the game. You need to check out more games on Saturdays and it will bring even greater appreciation to NCAA 12.
I am a soccer fan, and it's that kind of passion for the games that has made me a fan of college sport in recent years.

The fact that over 100,000 go to a game at Beaver Stadium, or at Michigan is amazing to me. University sport usually gets a crowd of about 100 people and a dog in the UK.

Like I said, I've been an American Football fan for 7 years, but to be honest the college game is more appealing to me nowadays as it's more about competition and less about the money. I have a friend who is going to Lindenwood University (NAIA school I think) in Missouri I believe, so I'm hoping to come over and check out some of the college atmosphere over the next couple of years.

Do you have any other team suggestions at the moment? Any ranking or division is fine for me, I just want a team that stands out. At the minute I'm down to Oklahoma and Colorado.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »