Home

R.I.P. The Option

This is a discussion on R.I.P. The Option within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 12:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
R.I.P. The Option

I've mentioned it before after my early experiences with the demo and after 5 games tonight I can confirm this: The option is dead.

In NCAA 10 it was great. In fact, I mastered Ga Tech's Flex-Bone playbook and had a blast playing with them. But in NCAA 11 using the same playbook was twice as difficult because the option game had been slowed down.

Now in NCAA 12 it has been ruined. Perhaps they did this to combat cheesing with fast QBs? I don't know. What I do know is that running the option is a guaranteed disaster unless you have a beast of a RB who can take the pitch and break some tackles in the backfield.

The most glaring issue is how slowly the QB get's going once he takes the snap. It's like he's in slow motion for the first second. Because of this, the d-line is on you in a heartbeat.

Don't believe me? Try running a speed option with Oregon. It's nearly impossible. If you can't run the fastest option with one of the fastest QB-HB duo's then it's clearly broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
Banned

IBI L4Z IEI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: R.I.P. The Option

I don't know what you are talking about. In 10 the option was "ok" at best, but in 11 they made it SOOO much better. I raped with the option in 11. As for 12, read the retail opinions, they all state that with the patch options are better.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:09 AM   #3
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3

Read the gameplay impressions from people who have the whole game. Everyone is in consensus there that the option is fixed. Even the CPU running it.

I am running it fine with oregon right this second in the demo on heisman... you have to cut up field more this year before the pitch... its not like others how the pitch magically finds the HB up the field.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:10 AM   #4
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Let me guess...You're basing your information on the demo...
Old 07-11-2011, 12:14 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Let me guess...You're basing your information on the demo...
That's exactly what he's doing. The game isn't even "officially" out yet and it didn't take very long for someone to say this is broken and that is broken. This is why I stay away from here in the weeks leading up to the release. I'll play the game on Tuesday and make my decision then. And I can assure you, I won't jump to a conclusion after only five games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 12:15 AM   #6
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Use the Demo Impressions thread.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »