Home

IGN Review is up

This is a discussion on IGN Review is up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #33
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: IGN Review is up

A special edition of NCAA 11? No matter how you put it, that is never good to say in a review.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #34
Rookie

jwmcards's Arena

OVR: 3

I thought the review is ok with a decent score, it touched on some good points, I just don't think there was a ton of depth to it.

Since I've played 11 to near death, I'm sure I'll notice smaller tweaks and changes just because of the amount of time I've spent with it, so maybe that's why I think that about the review.

Plus it's just one person's opinion, which can be nice to get a feel for the game, but since I was buying the game already, reviews won't have much bearing for me on this purchase.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:02 PM   #35
Rookie

TigerRag's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers30
Thanks for the tip.
No problem man, sorry if I came off as being a jerk. As for the review, yeah it's pretty fair. I usually take reviews with a grain of salt though. I played the demo and I liked it and that's the reason that I am purchasing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #36
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer08
Playing on slow or very slow helps the skating and the feeling of sense of weight to the players.
No, it doesn't. Players still don't plant their feet then they turn, they don't lean into their turns, the running animations still look bad, momentum still isn't respected, and players still have that "twitchy" look to them. It does give players a slightly "weightier" feel, I'll give you that, but not by much. The problem is EA's locomotion engine, which looks to have not been touched since last year. I was excited about the locomotion engine last year because I thought it was a stepping stone towards producing more realistic player movements. I didn't realize it was EA's end-all solution to the issue. That's what worries me about the future of the series. The fact that they can look at the current locomotion system and say, "Yeah, that looks really good," makes me seriously question whether they're ever going to be able to make the simulation game I'm looking for.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #37
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm surprised he didn't take the review, run twenty yards behind his office chair, and then hit the post button.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #38
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

That was a fair review to me, but then again I don't really take much stock in a game's score on a website or in a mag. I'm much more interested in reading the impressions thread on here or reading impressions from someone who is familiar with football, especially the sport's many nuances.

Some would say it's a edited and slight upgrade from NCAA 11, but that's fine with me. If Oregon plays fast-paced, Navy runs that disciplined triple option, and, etc, then I'm going to be happy with NCAA. Refinements that are done right and help towards making a more complete football game are better than new gimmicks or additions that are meant to cater to the casual gamers or meant to increase the hype for the game. I'd rather take small substantive refinements and features, instead of additions or features which are half-baked.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #39
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Sorry, can't agree with review. Off somehow.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
No matter where you start (coordinator or head coach), you're in charge of recruiting for the entire team.
Wow that is a very BIG negative for me; as I planned to play as a career offensive cordinator. I didn't want to be wasting time with the defense at all. That is really dumb.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »