Home

In Dynasty Player Edits

This is a discussion on In Dynasty Player Edits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 12:53 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: In Dynasty Player Edits

Quote:
Originally Posted by domcolosi
This seems to be lost of some of the posters here, but I strongly suspect that the Dynasty save file only allows for 5 years of statistics per player. Note that when a player graduates, he is completely removed from the save -- you can't access his stats anymore. If I'm right, then you won't see the ability to edit classes in any patch this year, unless they can somehow change the dynasty save format, and that seems unlikely.

I'm guessing stats also have something to do with the inability to change positions. Perhaps they developers think that changing positions could cause weird things to happen. I think this is a somewhat weak argument, though.

Height and weight, though, I'm betting that'll be added in the next patch. Probably just an oversight when the feature was added.
I agree that that that is an extremely weak argument.
for every player you can see their offensive and defensive statistics, so I dont think changing positions would be a huge issue.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:00 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 2

Pretty disappointed in this. Glad we can make some changes, but height/weight and position seemed to be no brainers to me. Not sure why they weren't included at all.... just don't get it.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:01 AM   #51
Rookie

MattUM2's Arena

OVR: 5

is it even 100% positive Positions cant be switched. I know Height/Weight cant. But have read different things involving position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 01:20 AM   #52
Rookie

Hunsy34's Arena

OVR: 3

Also remember what did we get 4-5 patches last year. I am sure once they realize they will at least do the height weight and maybe position change. Not sure they will do class why you gonna keep making someone a freshmen over and over again.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:00 AM   #53
Rookie

tahjimoto's Arena

OVR: 2

This is realy disappointing height and weight were the whole reason why i wanted in dynasty editing in the first place.

Hopefully its in patch #2
Old 07-12-2011, 03:22 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 25

Not trying to say something is OK or not, but according to Rivals, Von Miller came into Texas A&M at 210 pounds. He's now listed around the 240 range in the NFL.

If you haven't noticed, a lot of these pass-rushing DEs are being converted into OLBs. Same thing with 200=220 lb LBs, and vice versa for Safeties. Thomas Davis of the Panthers comes to mind.

A lot of college players are undersized as freshman, they usually bulk up during their stay on the team. This does happen on NCAA, but only by a few pounds. So hopefully it's increased in NCAA 12.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #55
Rookie

MattUM2's Arena

OVR: 5

has anyone checked this out yet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #56
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I am going to holdback on my frustration and say this nicely.

But EA simply continues to drop the ball. They add something, but only halfway do it, leaving out the most obvious things. They do custom conferences, but don't allow dynamic prestige. They do BCS-Bowl edits, but don't allow complete bowl edits. They go for Sim broadcast, but add in arcade replays. They allow you to edit ratings, but not height/weight and position?

I mean, you get off the line, run a crisp, picture perfect route, and then drop the wide open pass that you have for a touchdown.

Come on, EA. What is so hard about following through on concepts 100%?

Last edited by DorianDonP; 07-12-2011 at 01:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »