Home

Just some random notes on Nebraska

This is a discussion on Just some random notes on Nebraska within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 04:41 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Just some random notes on Nebraska

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Umm, I'm not sure what info you have, but Taylor Martinez is a true Sophomore. He was a true Freshman last year.

#7 is in fact Jamal Turner. Kody Spano is A) Not black, B) Not a true Freshman and C) Not anywhere near 6'1" 175.

And good for Fonzy, he should be the second highest rated player on the team.
No... Martinez was definitely red shirting in '09, he was scout team MVP, he is actually older then Cody Green.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:41 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Umm, I'm not sure what info you have, but Taylor Martinez is a true Sophomore. He was a true Freshman last year.

#7 is in fact Jamal Turner. Kody Spano is A) Not black, B) Not a true Freshman and C) Not anywhere near 6'1" 175.

And good for Fonzy, he should be the second highest rated player on the team.
ah sorry haven't seen the player model yet i just knew that they had Kody Spano as QB #7 on NCAA 11 thats my mistake.. but Martinez red-shirted in 2009. i just skimmed the default roster so i didn't catch the height and weight i just remembered Kody Spano was #7

Last edited by Headtrip325; 07-12-2011 at 04:44 AM. Reason: add content
Old 07-12-2011, 04:41 AM   #19
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Sky
I think its funny that they have T-Magic as 82 speed yet unproven Jamal Turner at 87 speed... And I hope to god Bubba ends up at NU, he seems humble enough to play receiver if T-Magic turns out to have actually improved from last year.

If Starling ends up at NU I think we could be looking at Turner and Starling as #2 and #3 receivers or even Starling as #1 or #2 QB. Turner is just too good at WR/PR/KR to let him do anything else.

EDIT: No way QB #7 is Kody Spano, QB #7 is an exact clone of Turner, Spano was not a 87 speed scrambling QB, nor would he have been a freshman.
I know, I don't get where they come up with the speed ratings. Taylor is maybe 82 with the injury, but who knows what Turner will do. And it seems like Brion Carnes has been clocked as fast as Taylor too. I can understand not wanting to make them some beast, but at least flip the speed ratings.

I agree with you though, if I had to make a roster now, I would have Turner at WR/KR/PR, especially given the weak WR corps on the roster. Starling too if he ends up coming, hopefully that decision is made before I start a serious OD.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:44 AM   #20
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Sky
No... Martinez was definitely red shirting in '09, he was scout team MVP, he is actually older then Cody Green.
Oh right, I forgot the scout team season.

Speaking of Cody Green, would have loved to see him switch to WR/TE in real life rather than leave the program.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:50 AM   #21
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Turner played QB for what, a week? He spent minimal time at QB in the spring. I doubt #7 is him. It's probably just a random ratings set for Kody. It's not like they put thorough effort in these rosters.

EDIT: Not to mention, Spano never played a down of Nebraska football. I can't even remember him getting reps in the Red-White games.

Last edited by Tengo Juego; 07-12-2011 at 04:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 04:55 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
I know, I don't get where they come up with the speed ratings. Taylor is maybe 82 with the injury, but who knows what Turner will do. And it seems like Brion Carnes has been clocked as fast as Taylor too. I can understand not wanting to make them some beast, but at least flip the speed ratings.

I agree with you though, if I had to make a roster now, I would have Turner at WR/KR/PR, especially given the weak WR corps on the roster. Starling too if he ends up coming, hopefully that decision is made before I start a serious OD.
I probably won't start any serious OD's for a while, but I wish EA did a better job with incoming freshman, we have probably one of the best offensive classes, two 4* QB/WRs, a 5* RB and two underrated RBs (Braylon Heard, Ameer Abdullah).

T-Magic should be at least 92+ speed, it would bump him pretty good ovr without actually making him an elite QB. Also, while I don't really agree with alot of the ratings for our secondary, holy high hell our CBs will know how to play man coverage, Alfonzo is like a 94 in man coverage, that's lock down level.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:55 AM   #23
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Turner played QB for what, a week? He spent minimal time at QB in the spring. I doubt #7 is him. It's probably just a random ratings set for Kody. It's not like they put thorough effort in these rosters.
I mean the color, year, height, weight, playing style, hometown are an exact match for Jamal and he even has receiver ratings are in line with what a freshman WR would be. Why he would be at QB, I do not know.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:57 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
I mean the color, year, height, weight, playing style, hometown are an exact match for Jamal and he even has receiver ratings are in line with what a freshman WR would be. Why he would be at QB, I do not know.
Texas A&M had this issue with Tannehill last year too, he was at least their second WR in real life but was second string QB in game, an he had pretty meh WR stats, luckily it turns out he did end up playing most of the year at QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »