Home

My custom playbook doesn't show up in the game.

This is a discussion on My custom playbook doesn't show up in the game. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #65
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
For some reason a formation I erased is still there and one of my formation audibles don't work despite there being a play that fits the criteria.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 03:34 PM   #66
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat67
It's not a name thing as my offensive playbook with issues was named FullPistol, with no space.

My defensive playbook works fine, and the difference between them is in line with what people think the issue might be. When I created my defensive playbook I didn't clear a bunch of formations. I just added a couple, not even sure if I removed any now that I think about it.

My offensive playbook (the one with problems), I cleared formations, added some, removed others, switched back and generally was all over the map as I didn't really have a hang of the best way to go about editing the playbook.

I'm gonna try making a new playbook with a more focused approach and see if that fixes it. Cause my defensive one works fine, aside from the formations being in a weird order. That might be my fault though.
Forgot about that, my play order is nuts!

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 03:52 PM   #67
Rookie

flip2101's Arena

OVR: 1
Angry Re: My custom playbook doesn't show up in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
For some reason a formation I erased is still there and one of my formation audibles don't work despite there being a play that fits the criteria.
I'm having the same problem when i'm in edit playbook everything looks fine then i go into a game and 2 formation's (Shotgun Spread/Shotgun Spread Flex) i erased are still there when i click into spread its just a blank page but Flex has 1 play in it is there anyway to fix this problem?
Old 07-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #68
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: My custom playbook doesn't show up in the game.

Bump for any miraculous remedies!!!!!

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-13-2011, 05:26 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 5

well... I guess I'll hold off on doing a custom playbook then
Old 07-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #70
Rookie

Reechey's Arena

OVR: 1

Custom playbooks isn't completely broken because it's working for some people. I've used mine a lot off and online. I even created a 2nd offensive playbook and that works also. So it's not the overall feature that isn't working it's something within the feature. I erased all the formations (not all at once but I'd go into ACE and clear all the checks and then selected the ACE formations I wanted) and I've added/deleted formations multiple times and it has never affected me.

My advice to people who have broken custom playbooks is see if this works. Create new playbook, use Miami's as a template, just try using formations within ACE, Iform, Strong, Weak and Shotgun (30 formations and 300+ plays), change the audibles to all goalline (for now you can change later). Save the file under a new name (one word with letters only). Then try it. It's exactly what I use (I don't use wildcat in shotgun). If it works then you can go back and add in formations one by one that you used in your broken CP and you can see which one will mess up your new roster.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #71
Rookie

bakerpa25's Arena

OVR: 6

To fix it while playing just press the sim button and them press cancel. Works every time for me. Of course just a temp. fix
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #72
Banned

stevehoos's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reechey
Custom playbooks isn't completely broken because it's working for some people. I've used mine a lot off and online. I even created a 2nd offensive playbook and that works also. So it's not the overall feature that isn't working it's something within the feature. I erased all the formations (not all at once but I'd go into ACE and clear all the checks and then selected the ACE formations I wanted) and I've added/deleted formations multiple times and it has never affected me.

My advice to people who have broken custom playbooks is see if this works. Create new playbook, use Miami's as a template, just try using formations within ACE, Iform, Strong, Weak and Shotgun (30 formations and 300+ plays), change the audibles to all goalline (for now you can change later). Save the file under a new name (one word with letters only). Then try it. It's exactly what I use (I don't use wildcat in shotgun). If it works then you can go back and add in formations one by one that you used in your broken CP and you can see which one will mess up your new roster.
I understand what your saying, and thanks for the advice, but I don't feel I should bother with work arounds with the main feature of a new game. Maybe it is not "completely broken" as you imply, but it sure is if what your trying to do does not work, hence it is "completely broken" for some.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »