Home

Favorite Road to Glories

This is a discussion on Favorite Road to Glories within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 03:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Favorite Road to Glories

Here's a topic for those of us unlucky enough to not have a copy of NCAA 12 yet (I'm getting mine from amazon with 2 day shipping on purpose cause I have papers + tests this week).

What were your favorite road to glories?

Here are mine:

#1 - QB #10 Hawaii; I started as a balanced QB in HS and lit it up both through the air and on the ground (the HS WRs were ****, most passes went to my boss of a RB), became a 5*, chose Hawaii over other schools because they offered a passing offense and pretty good receivers as well as a good RB.

I ended up starting by the first game game and pulled the USC game out by the skin of my teeth. After that I ended up undefeated for all 4 years, only making the NC game in the 4th year thought because of SEC teams and Texas/OU.

My end stats were well over 25,000 yards passing and 180 TDs to just over 20 INTs and 60 sacks, I also added nearly 2000 yards scrambling. This may seem to make me seem like a cheeser, but the answer is much more simple (I'm too dumb to cheese effectively anyway).

Hawaii managed to recruit a 5* 6'4" 220lb speed receiver after my freshman year, and oh god did he tear up the WAC, he won the Heisman in 2012 and WR of the year every year. He had >95 release by his sophomore year, so it was a matter of just waiting for him to either break press and speed away with his 99 speed (only 90 acceleration though). Hitting him on out/in routes or fades/posts was probably the easiest thing I've ever done in an NCAA game. He had at least >60 TDs in 3 years.

My favorite single game memory was Fiesta Bowl vs undefeated Utah in my junior year, I needed 10 TDs to break my sophomore season TD record (the AI had been pulling me at half all year because the defense actually kept opponents from scoring, scores would be mid 40's by half so I warmed the bench more then the bench warmers!), and it just so happen that both Utah and my teams defenses decided to pull a Stephen Garcia and come to the game hungover. I'd scored on 1 minute drives and then Utah would grind out a 2-3 minute drive to answer, since they had the ball first I actually had to tie the game with <1minute left, and then we went to overtime, 3 of them to be exact, I ****ed up the 2-pt Conversion but luckily my defense had finally sobered up and stopped Utah on 4th down at the 5 for the win. Happiest moment of my NCAA life. I had 12 passing TDs for the game, and 1 rushing.

#2 - RB Kansas; Not my RTG but a friend's. It was so fun to watch him as 5* RB tearing up the BIG XII. After six games his freshman year he had well over 1000 yards, one game he had 250 yards rushing on 5 carries. That man was a scary running back player.

(I'm not posting the names because we used our real names)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 03:07 AM   #2
Banned

belucheez's Arena

Re: Favorite Road to Glories

Mine was being a QB at UNC. It was my first RTG as well. I was a 5* recruit and also won the the starting job in just a few practices. I can't remember my stats that well however I did win the Heisman my Sophomore and Junior season and I led UNC to 3 consecutive National Championship (Freshman through Junior years) games (Honestly don't know how. It seemed like the #1 or #2 would lose in the last week when I was ranked #3 or #4 to get my into the title game.) I love it and then I came back for my Senior year, but I decided to sim it because I wanted to important him into Madden. We went 10-2 and lost our Bowl game. Honestly my dumbest mistake, I could of easily made it all 4 years with a National Championship each year, but I wanted him in madden( I ended up sucking real bad in Superstar with him. lol karma.)
Old 07-12-2011, 03:11 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Favorite Road to Glories

Quote:
Originally Posted by belucheez
Mine was being a QB at UNC. It was my first RTG as well. I was a 5* recruit and also won the the starting job in just a few practices. I can't remember my stats that well however I did win the Heisman my Sophomore and Junior season and I led UNC to 3 consecutive National Championship (Freshman through Junior years) games (Honestly don't know how. It seemed like the #1 or #2 would lose in the last week when I was ranked #3 or #4 to get my into the title game.) I love it and then I came back for my Senior year, but I decided to sim it because I wanted to important him into Madden. We went 10-2 and lost our Bowl game. Honestly my dumbest mistake, I could of easily made it all 4 years with a National Championship each year, but I wanted him in madden( I ended up sucking real bad in Superstar with him. lol karma.)
Its like Ryan Leaf rides again! I never played superstar mode cause I fell bad about borrowing my friends games and I hated the madden play style. My friends RB went into madden though, and he played that for many many seasons, all pro many years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »