Home

Superconference scheduling problem

This is a discussion on Superconference scheduling problem within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 05:51 AM   #1
Pro

Arrowhead29's Arena

OVR: 7
Superconference scheduling problem

I found a scheduling problem when doing my superconferences. I have five 16-team conferences, three 7-team conferences, three 6-team conferences, and 1 Independent. I haven't gone through everything, but I noticed right away that some teams in each Superconference play 10 conference games while some play just 9. I'm sure there are more problems with the smaller conferences that I just haven't noticed yet, but this one was hard to miss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 07:15 AM   #2
Rookie

WildeCane's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Superconference scheduling problem

Disapointing to hear...getting game in 3 hrs. Hope noone else has seen this
Chi Bulls
Old 07-12-2011, 07:54 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

You probably don't have enough games available for OOC because your conference schedules are too large; or some of your conferences are 15-teams and you didn't realize it maybe, which DO have a 10-game schedule.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:56 AM   #4
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14

Sigh... I fear this is just the beginning.
I'm excited, I love that people are having a blasty and I've managed to only read positive gameplay analysis thus far.... but the minor gaffs (Teams playing 11 games a season from last year, anyone?) in dynasty are pretty obnoxious.

Disclaimer:: This won't keep me from buying the game or loving it, or playing it for 11 months until I start getting the trembles and shakes in anticipation for NCAA13 End Disclaimer::
Old 07-12-2011, 07:57 AM   #5
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
You probably don't have enough games available for OOC because your conference schedules are too large; or some of your conferences are 15-teams and you didn't realize it maybe, which DO have a 10-game schedule.
I didn't even think about this when reading his post. It definitely could be a you problem, not a game problem. Happy face back on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 08:07 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

You would think the game would throw on more FCS teams, but maybe not. It may just pull another game from your conference so you have 11 FBS games on the schedule. I've done scheduling logic before and it is a pain in the ****ing *** making everything work so it may just be its shortcut.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:10 AM   #7
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRudy
Sigh... I fear this is just the beginning.
I'm excited, I love that people are having a blasty and I've managed to only read positive gameplay analysis thus far.... but the minor gaffs (Teams playing 11 games a season from last year, anyone?) in dynasty are pretty obnoxious.

Disclaimer:: This won't keep me from buying the game or loving it, or playing it for 11 months until I start getting the trembles and shakes in anticipation for NCAA13 End Disclaimer::
This will most likely be back in because the team playing against Hawaii do not have their 13th game (from what I have heard) which causes teams playing in that 13th game to lose one of their 12 games.

Thus we have teams with 11 games.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:15 AM   #8
Pro

Arrowhead29's Arena

OVR: 7

Nah, I made sure I have 16-teams in the superconferences. I wouldn't have a problem with teams having 10 conference games a year if EVERY team in that conference had 10. The problem is that four teams from each 16-team superconference play 10 conference games while the other 12 teams play 9. They really should just add an FCS game if their isn't any other team available due to the conference sizes. My team plays 10 conference games this first season and two non-conference games (neither of which are against an FCS).

On a side note, I also just saw a game where the User controlled team caught a FG, wasn't allowed to return it, and then the kicking team was awarded the ball from the spot of the kicking heading in the opposite direction.

Great game, but there are definitely some issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »