Home

Game Freezing

This is a discussion on Game Freezing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #81
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Game Freezing

I just had a freeze. 4th quarter offline dynasty. Right in the middle of a pass play as the ball was in the air
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had the freezing problem yesterday. I turned off espn radio and I also turned off some of the real world sports updates and I haven't had anymore problems.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #83
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

So, I've had 3 hard freezes (had to reset the game) now, and I only rented this yesterday (Xbox 360). 2 times, it happened when I was trying to hurry through scrolling through the roster menu, and one time when I pressed "A" to skip a replay/cut-scene after a play. These all happened relatively soon after I picked it up, as well.

Since I've slowed myself down (not being so quick to skip a scene, letting the roster pages load up before trying to move on, etc....letting the game think, so to speak) I've had no issues. Now, it's obviously an extremely small sample size so I'm certainly not saying that it will definitely make a difference for anyone, but it feels like the game freezes when you try to make it think to fast. I don't know why these EA Sports games have so much delay in menus and scenes, but that's another conversation I guess...lol.

EDIT: I have it installed on the HDD as well, BTW.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 07-16-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:04 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've had at least 6 freezes since release. They usually occur in the menus, but one or two have happened during a game. It's very frustrating, especially after spending a while tweaking sliders, editing players, or recruiting in dynasty to have all that work erased.

Any word from EA on when this is getting patched? I'm sick of saving my profile every five seconds for fear that I'll lose my progress.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #85
Rookie

Automatik's Arena

My game didn't freeze once, then today it froze on me everytime I tried loading it up,can't even get into the main menu.

5 times this has happened.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #86
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

I think most of the problem lies in the rosters and create-a-playbook. I had NO ISSUES what so ever before I downloaded any rosters. All I played was ranked online, but never had 1 issue. As most ppl already know rosters (besides FK's) came out super early. I think the 'edits' ppl did is causin a good % of the problem's . I had ALL these rosters downloaded (PastaPadre, Patrick Morty, and 1 other I forgot the name). It was to the point to where I couldnt even get back inside the game (after press start menu). I had to switch memory cards (360) just to get past the start menu ( would freeze during the loading screen EVERY time ).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »