Home

Any way to adjust offensive play calling as a DC?

This is a discussion on Any way to adjust offensive play calling as a DC? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
Rookie

usc50's Arena

OVR: 6
Any way to adjust offensive play calling as a DC?

I'm the DC for North Texas and my offense is stupid. The best player on our team is our HB, 88 OVR. However, through 8 games, he averages 8.3 carries a game and our QB, who is 68 OVR, averages 42.6 pass attempts per game. The play calling is so frustrating because I'll be giving up 6-10 points a game and losing because my offense will have 3 incompletions for over 75% of their drives. The HB is averaging 7.3 YPC. The QB has a completion % under 20%. Also, the situational play calling is messed up.
Ex: I'm up 10-3 (defensive TD) with 2:30 left in the 4th quarter and the other team has no timeouts and I just forced a turnover at midfield. The offense throws 3 straight incompletions and kills 17 seconds off the clock when they could have ended the game. So I hold them again, and now they have the ball at the opposing teams 23 yard line with 1:53 left, they throw 2 incompletions before doing a draw for like 3 yards on 3rd and 10.

Is there no way to change this? I've already lost 2 games when I've led with under 3 minutes in the 4th quarter (1 because my offense threw a pick 6 on 2nd and 1 when I was up 14-10 with 1:30 left in the game) because the offense is always passing the ball, regardless of how successful it is and the situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Any way to adjust offensive play calling as a DC?

Does winning matter much when you're a coordinator as far as achieving the objectives? I thought they were mostly related to how your side of the ball performed.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
Rookie

usc50's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
Does winning matter much when you're a coordinator as far as achieving the objectives? I thought they were mostly related to how your side of the ball performed.
Well, there's a bonus for winning 8 games and I get in trouble if I don't win at least 4. I'm 2-6 and should be 5-3 because my offense can't score. They're averaging 10 ppg. If you take out the Alabama slaughter (I gave up 50 something points), then I'm only giving up 12.5 ppg.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
Wins come up in multiple goals, either for wins in a single season, wins each season, bowl wins, etc... No one is going to want a coordinator on a team that wins 4 games in 3 years.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #5
Rookie

greatness33's Arena

OVR: 1

man that sucks for you 2-6 , man you def going to have to score more points on defense
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Wins come up in multiple goals, either for wins in a single season, wins each season, bowl wins, etc... No one is going to want a coordinator on a team that wins 4 games in 3 years.
If that coordinator had teams that ranked consistently high in stats for their side of the ball they might. The problem is that, in real life, good success on just one side usually results in at least a mediocre team. A 4 win over three season team is almost necessarily going to be bad in all respects. But this is videogame land afterall, and I would expect to be rewarded for what I can control over what I can't moreso than in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »