Home

Singleback Offense: Is it effective?

This is a discussion on Singleback Offense: Is it effective? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
Rookie

Rangerneb's Arena

OVR: 2
Singleback Offense: Is it effective?

I'm sitting here at work waiting for the day to end so I can play NCAA till midnight tonight. For the guys that have played '12, how is the singleback ace formations this year? Can you run a legit USC pro style offense? I'm pretty much a Madden player but played more of NCAA 11 in comparison to Madden 11 last year. Just was looking for some feedback, thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Singleback Offense: Is it effective?

you can be effective but you gotta mix it up. if you run alot they will blitz you alot . so throwing on first in one drive , then running the next. don't fall in love with one formation. also because of the zone you have to make mismatches in coverage gettin a lb on your wr or getting a safety in man coverage.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
Rookie

Rangerneb's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
you can be effective but you gotta mix it up. if you run alot they will blitz you alot . so throwing on first in one drive , then running the next. don't fall in love with one formation. also because of the zone you have to make mismatches in coverage gettin a lb on your wr or getting a safety in man coverage.
Thanks for the reply. With custom playbooks now available I will have a spread scheme, a singleback scheme and an I form scheme. I run plays with concepts in mind and always use route combinations. I generally run the ball very well within singleback since i'm very good with the draw and my opponent tends to respect my passing game. I'm hoping to run a 50/50 offense this year and it should be a good philosophy since I hear the D is amped up. I'm hearing you cannot chuck and pray which makes me happy coming from a sim type of background.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #4
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

yea it is effective especially with the redone blocking which takes a lot of the suction out of the game and allows your running game to be more dynamic. If your a balanced playcaller and switch up when you pass and run you are going to find a lot of success in this game. So far I've played with two teams who run a singleback set, UCLA, it's the pistol but the pistol power run game is well done this year so that's a good barometer for how effective the more convential singleback seems are. My last game with Miami, i was able to get several big gains out of the ace formation. This is on default All-American which is more challenging this year. But overall if your a fan of the singleback set, you'll be happy with the NCAA's implementation of the offensive scheme.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »