Home

Rivalry question...

This is a discussion on Rivalry question... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Rivalry question...

So I've been playing NCCA since the 90's, and I have always wondered how EA determines what schools are rivals...I am A UW Cowboy, born in Laramie and proud Alumni, and NCAA has always very correctly had Colo. State as our rival(Bronze Boot Game), but BYU(whom we truly hate), Air Force and Utah are not, but every year I can recall Utah State is a rival, I can honestly say they are nothing but an occasional early game on the sched. We do have a long past in terms of games played, but no rivalry exists at all...Anyone able to shed some light on the process of rivalry selection? And it would be great to be able to manually create rivals...thanx for replies :-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 04:28 PM   #2
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Rivalry question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by speef22
So I've been playing NCCA since the 90's, and I have always wondered how EA determines what schools are rivals...I am A UW Cowboy, born in Laramie and proud Alumni, and NCAA has always very correctly had Colo. State as our rival(Bronze Boot Game), but BYU(whom we truly hate), Air Force and Utah are not, but every year I can recall Utah State is a rival, I can honestly say they are nothing but an occasional early game on the sched. We do have a long past in terms of games played, but no rivalry exists at all...Anyone able to shed some light on the process of rivalry selection? And it would be great to be able to manually create rivals...thanx for replies :-)
You could select a rival on lastgen. Funny you mention Wyoming/Utah State. I live in Utah and there's hardly a huge rivalry between the two, in fact I barely even knew about it until I saw it in game (I was playing as Utah State). I ended up making a BIG deal out of it as the two teams would meet every year in their final game lol. And they played some classic games too!
Old 07-12-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
Rookie

Bullet thats super awesome! :-) yeah we have a long history of playing football/basketball against them, prob because there were only a few teams even around the area(wyo,colo,utah,ect)in early-mid 1900's, we played a lot of HS and college club teams too LOL....i do recall being able to create rivals on org. xbox now that you mention it...miss that feature. Oh well, Go Pokes...destroy those hated Aggies LOL
Old 07-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

The rivalries are not always overwhelmingly accurate, particularly for less popular programs.

EA used to always have Arkansas-Mississippi State as a rivalry game, but I don't really know any Arkansas fans who have considered Mississippi State as a rivalry game (at least, not any moreso than any other SEC match up).
Old 07-12-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
Rookie

Pogo, always figured EA gave the extra attention to "big" well known schools, it just makes sense. Just seems to me that with the series being as established as it is, there would have been enough feedback, from us "small" school guys, for them to get something as important to College sports as rivalry's more correct. My idea is to either allow us to manually input rivals(its been done before) or maybe have a page on the NCAA webpage for peeps to vote for their top three rivals or something similar, then include it next year's version, let us do the leg work for them, just a thought :-)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »