Home

NCAA Football 12 Visual Issues After the Patch?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Visual Issues After the Patch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Visual issues after the patch?

Hopefully EA can use a tuner update to fix the field and helmets and jersey intagration cuz that would be faster than a patch i think.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:54 PM   #18
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I don't know that a "decrease" is necessarily what happened here. I think it could be something with the lighting layers getting messed up (probably unintentionally). I finally located some uniform wear on the white jersey, it seems like like the intensity of the lighting and how it focuses on players blasts out the dirty uniform textures. Or the opacity for dirty unis vs the opacity for the outer lightning layer is out of whack and blocking the dirty unis from being seen. It might also explain the helmet sparkling as it could be blocking out the details of the sparkling as well.

It seems like when I have a day game progress a little bit I can see some of the dirty and stains on unis in the shadowed part. It's still way more faint than it should be, especially compared to this pic one of the devs posted in the photography thread. Note how pronounced the stains are on the white material.

Pic of my RB after 23 carries. I could only see the dirt on the shady side of the player. I'm not seeing the wear on the shoulder pads of jersey in general -- which is a shame because that is one of the really prominent areas of wear on football uniforms. In general it seems like there is some issue with the white fabric and the lighting.

As for field degradation. I'm not sure if it's in. Here's a pic from the fourth quarter near mid-field, after a rush-heavy game. I'll leave it up to interpretation. I will say that any wear on the field isn't really apparent from the general gameplay camera.

Question for you: Are these screenshots from replays? Do the lack/reduction if field and uniform degradation occur in normal gameplay? In the title update notes, Ben pointed this out...

- Fixed an issue where extremely long highlights would start to get choppy after the first five seconds of playback.

I wonder if the degradation issue was causing choppy replays.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #19
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Just make sure not to bring back the white ankle Braces Glitch!!!!!!!!

Example

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:11 PM   #20
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

We need options when it comes to crap like this

Just give us an Off and On feature
Old 07-12-2011, 07:22 PM   #21
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
Question for you: Are these screenshots from replays? Do the lack/reduction if field and uniform degradation occur in normal gameplay? In the title update notes, Ben pointed this out...

- Fixed an issue where extremely long highlights would start to get choppy after the first five seconds of playback.

I wonder if the degradation issue was causing choppy replays.
The issues also occur in normal gameplay. In fact, teams with any sort of dark apparel be it jersey or pants still see pretty decent dirt and wear. It's the lighter colors like white and silver where it is noticeably absent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #22
Rookie

uclabruins4ever's Arena

OVR: 2

I just got the game and installed it on my 360, then DL'd the patch and fired it up

played a sunny day game as UCLA vs. USC at the Rose Bowl

Graphics look very disappointing to me. Something about the lighting made everything look cell shaded and the field didn't look good at all.

something is amiss I think
Old 07-12-2011, 07:43 PM   #23
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclabruins4ever
I just got the game and installed it on my 360, then DL'd the patch and fired it up

played a sunny day game as UCLA vs. USC at the Rose Bowl

Graphics look very disappointing to me. Something about the lighting made everything look cell shaded and the field didn't look good at all.

something is amiss I think
That's what I'm thinking too. I've tried it on two different tv's, and the same tv's I played '11 on and it just seems to look a bit inferior. It looks a bit rougher than 11 and I agree about the field. Something just seems off to me visually. It's like it's not as polished looking as '11. I always enjoy the visual details in the series a ton, so I think I have kind of an overly discerning eye for this stuff.

I do enjoy the gameplay very much, and I certainly am not bashing the game. I just want to try and get an answer if something got messed up and see to see if we can get it fixed.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

So is this real or no?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »