Home

Promotion/Relegation? Pogo's custom conferences for NCAA12

This is a discussion on Promotion/Relegation? Pogo's custom conferences for NCAA12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 05:45 PM   #49
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Promotion/Relegation? Pogo's custom conferences for NCAA12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
How are you handling the Independents? Are they doing a good job of scheduling each other?

EDIT: Btw, I'd trade FIU/FAU with BGU/WKU.
I wanted to try and keep all the Florida schools in the same pyramid.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 07-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #50
MVP

Yep... I think I'll swap out the Big East and Sun Belt, for conference prestige reasons... and make the Big East as the independent league full of Team Builder teams...

Now to decide what 8 teambuilder teams to create and throw in there...

Of course, I can also use Team Builder to fix any geography issues I have with the current alignments...

Right now I've essentially got this working....

Pac-12 = Pacific Time Zone
Big 12 = Mountain/Central Time Zone
SEC & Big Ten = Central/Eastern Time Zone
ACC = Eastern Time Zone.

I don't know, perhaps I'll just make the 8-team Ivy League since that's a perfect fit for the 8-team independent league I'll be making the Big East.

Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Penn, Princeton, Yale.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #51
Rookie

ajaxab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytay10
Where did you hear about the 255 team swap limit. I am interested in this now. I might have to research it. I hope that isn't true.
This was from another board. Apparently, one guy got to 255 swaps and the conferences stayed that way without allowing him to make any more changes. It may or may not be credible. I hope it's bad information.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #52
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

OVR: 7

My dad and I both have said for years that they should introduce promotion/relegation in our sports here.

That being said, Memphis should just scrap their football program or move down to 1AA.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhamTiger
My dad and I both have said for years that they should introduce promotion/relegation in our sports here.

That being said, Memphis should just scrap their football program or move down to 1AA.
Yea, I'm a firm believer that baseball should adopt promotion and relegation as well.

I think the NFL is fine. I don't watch NBA at all, so whatever. But with the way the NFL works with the salary cap and such, it's designed in such a way that the teams stay pretty competitive top to bottom.

Baseball, however... is different. Profit and winning don't go hand in hand, so there are teams like the Royals (my favorite team) and the Pirates, who unfortunately don't have a lot of success, but their owners don't care because they're making plenty of money.

In European soccer, there's incentive to win as many games as possible. Finishing high enough in your league means intercontinental play, and that brings tons of money. Finish too low, and you're relegated, and that means taking a huge, huge financial loss, etc.

With college football, realistically, I think we will never see it because it messes with the finances way too much. If these were just football programs, it wouldn't be such a big deal... but these are extensions of educational institutions. Money from the football program pays for the football program, as well as most all the money the athletic department needs for all of its programs, but most importantly... a good chunk of the football profit also goes toward the school.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #54
Rookie

ajaxab's Arena

OVR: 6
Smile Re: Promotion/Relegation? Pogo's custom conferences for NCAA12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhamTiger

Funny you mention that. Memphis dropped down to the lowest tier 4 in my system.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:56 PM   #55
Rookie

pistonica's Arena

OVR: 4

After you set a system like this...can you make something like a playoff...how the post-season matches will be...are you gonna get rid of the bowls?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaxab
This was from another board. Apparently, one guy got to 255 swaps and the conferences stayed that way without allowing him to make any more changes. It may or may not be credible. I hope it's bad information.
I can confirm that this does occur. There is a 255 cap on team swaps.

For me it is a deal breaker with realignments and 'relegation'. I had set my system up for 34 total moves per season with a complete realignment pre-season 1. I couldn't even move every team to a new conference without hitting the limit at dynasty startup!

Unless they remove the limit on moves, the whole idea is garbage and wont work beyond a couple seasons...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »