Home

Not feeling coaching carousel...

This is a discussion on Not feeling coaching carousel... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #9
TPT
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Not feeling coaching carousel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstate19
Exactly. Don't really see how it's cheating if it basically renders NCAA 12's dynasty to be exactly like NCAA 11's.
Because NCAA 11 you could get fired too

If you can't get fired there's nothing really there as far as what's at stake if you lose it's just "win as much as you can no consequences"

I want consequences for losses I just don't want 7 years of slush first
Old 07-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

OP doesn't like Coaching Carousel for all the reasons I do.

Sure, you might get fired (or hired out) of a school that has all "your players," and then held accountable for the product that "someone else's players" put out at your new job.

But guess what? This happens all the time. ALL. THE. TIME. In real life. That's college football.

Your job is to do the best with what you inherit and recruit the players to run the system you want to run until you get fired or hired to a new job.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I haven't received the game yet but its being shipped. You can turn coaching contracts off so that you cannot get fired? That would help me take a 1* team to the championship with no threat of being fired...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 08:07 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakkone
I haven't received the game yet but its being shipped. You can turn coaching contracts off so that you cannot get fired? That would help me take a 1* team to the championship with no threat of being fired...
Why would you get fired for turning them into a championship team?
Old 07-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #13
TPT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
OP doesn't like Coaching Carousel for all the reasons I do.

Sure, you might get fired (or hired out) of a school that has all "your players," and then held accountable for the product that "someone else's players" put out at your new job.

But guess what? This happens all the time. ALL. THE. TIME. In real life. That's college football.

Your job is to do the best with what you inherit and recruit the players to run the system you want to run until you get fired or hired to a new job.
No I hear that...

In last year's game you win with who's there when you get there and if they don't win you get out... the first 2 years or so are a craps shoot until your first FR are ready to see the field...

When you take a new job you accept that you are embarking on another 2 year period

But with Carousel how long is this period?

8 years? IDK I haven't been in that far yet... plus it's arbitrary

I got fired from UL Laf. for going 7-5 and rehired by Army for going 4-8...

I don't want to jump right to my dream job but maybe that's the answer to start as them with contracts off which seems lame
Old 07-12-2011, 08:13 PM   #14
MVP

Perhaps some schools are different with how patient they're willing to be.

And besides, different schools have different expectations. UL Lafeyette is usually one of the better Sun Belt teams. You play 8 conference games and should probably be competing for the conference championship. 6-2 or 7-1 in conference should be easily attainable, and that means winning only 1 or 2 non-conference. And if you can't do that, maybe you're not the coach they want at ULL.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:19 PM   #15
TPT
Banned

But what can I do as a sim user if I schedule ULL with 3 FCS opponents and they only go 7-5... not my fault... that's the game's sim engine then...

But OK if everyone likes it I'll drop it... I'm just starting to regret trading in my NCAA 11 for this game... Dynasty is not as good to me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPT
But what can I do as a sim user if I schedule ULL with 3 FCS opponents and they only go 7-5... not my fault... that's the game's sim engine then...

But OK if everyone likes it I'll drop it... I'm just starting to regret trading in my NCAA 11 for this game... Dynasty is not as good to me
If you're simming... you're not even coaching. I mean, when you sim, you gotta just take what the computer gives you and not complain, really..
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »