Home

Not feeling coaching carousel...

This is a discussion on Not feeling coaching carousel... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #57
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Not feeling coaching carousel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiodj1822
I can see what the OP is saying. If the school sets some goals for you to reach and you meet all the goals with the exception of only winning 7 games instead of the 8 they wanted you to win, 99.9% of the time you are not gonna lose your job and you really shouldn't. However there are times that some AD makes a decision that nobody really understands and fires a coach for seemingly no reason at all. Now if I was in the OP's position I would probably be angry about being fired as well but I do think the unpredictability of the situation kinda adds to the game feature as well.
Maybe the game sets the W/L on the same curve for bowl elgibility.

Only the first win counted towards their W/L and the other two FCS teams I'm assuming he beat, didn't count. Not to mention when your scheduling three pancake schools like that your going to be running up the stats a hell of a lot.

Maybe you need to look at your scheduling and your coaching 'skills' before claiming the game is at fault. Going 7-5 while scheduling 3 games out of the FBS won't have you keep your job, in real life or in the game.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 3

on my dynasty the oc contract with ULL was for one year... i wonder instead if you didn't get fired, but a more attractive/qualified coach got hire before your contract was renewed

if UKentucky HC got canned... if I was AD at ULL i would take a HC at Kentucky over a 1yr OC from ULL

macDreamzOD(2011) - USF 1-1 ...

Old 07-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPT
Just got fired again going 7-5 with Memphis by the way

This game is for the birds

Even Rich Rod got how many years to build?
This thread is beyond ridiculous. It's TPT vaguely posting his 7-5 record and claiming he got fired. And we're not given any other details to know whether this is a serious issue, whether this is straight up trolling, or if TPT is just crying about a complete non-issue.

TPT, before you post another complaint about getting fired from another school, you should post an extremely detailed list of all your coaching objectives the school gave you at the beginning of the season they first hired you.

Regardless of whether or not you're fired, come back at the end of the season, repost this detailed list of all the coaching objectives, and show us what you passed/failed.

If you can do this, and you got fired, I might take this thread slightly more serious (even though you're still simming or supersimming or whatever, and not really coaching... how can a coach expect to keep his job if he's not doing it? have you ever had a real job? did you ever think you could keep it by not doing it?).

Anyway, supposing you didn't get fired, we still need to see a detailed list of what objectives you passed and failed in year 1, and then the new list of objectives for year 2. Then we'll need to see the pass fail for year 2 and whether or not you got fired. Same for year 3, and 4, and 5, etc. etc. etc.

If this thread is going to be a serious discussion on the hiring/firing policy of coach mode, then we're going to need some serious posters actually posting some serious posts that include the details of their season, contract, and goals. Otherwise, this thread is just a rant thread for TPT.

And if the latter is the case, and it's just a rant thread for TPT, then sorry, but I'm out. And honestly, the thread should probably just be closed.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

I love the idea of the Coaching Carousel, but at the same time I get where the OP is coming from to a degree.

Getting fired after 1 year at lower schools if certain goals aren't met is REALLY lame. In future versions, I would like to see maybe the first year or two at 3* or lower schools be automatic renewal years because they are generally re-building schools and such leeway is given. Yes it is in the realm of possibilty in real life if a new coach for a 5*+ team doesn't meet goals then he will be let go. However, for lower schools? I get being let go for failing one year at Oklahoma or Miami, but failing your first year at UL Lafayette or Ball State? Fire them after 2 years then fine, but at least let the first year be a mulligan if need be.

Regaardless, I'll play with it on cause it adds some flavor and will add to the longevity of any given dynasty IMO.

Last edited by DrPhibes; 07-13-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:37 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhibes
I love the idea of the Coaching Carousel, but at the same time I get where the OP is coming from to a degree.

Getting fired after 1 year at lower schools if certain goals aren't met is REALLY lame. In future versions, I would like to see maybe the first year or two at 3* or lower schools be automatic renewal years because they are generally re-building schools and such leeway is given. Yes it is in the realm of possibilty in real life if a new coach for a 5*+ team doesn't meet goals then he will be let go. However, for lower schools? I get being let go for failing one year at Oklahoma or Miami, but failing your first year at UL Lafayette or Ball State? Fire them after 2 years then fine, but at least let the first year be a mulligan if need be.

Regaardless, I'll play with it on cause it adds some flavor and will add to the longevity of any given dynasty IMO.
OP honestly hasn't given enough clear, detailed information for me to necessarily believe he's being fired after just 1 year, etc. or whatever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #62
Rookie

ram124's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahjimoto
The only thing that doesnt sit right with me is that he got fired as the OC for Going 7-5 when the goal was 8 and after a record breaking offensive season. shouldnt the w-l be the HC problem?
This is a concern for me. I just started a Coaching Carousel dynasty with ULL as the Defensive Coordinator. We are 1-4 through 5 games because the offense is garbage (1 TD the first 3 games). I'm getting a lot of sacks and INTs and have already passed a few of the season objectives. If I get fired because ULL doesn't win 4 games, I'm going to be pissed.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #63
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Use the impressions thread
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »