Home

Not feeling coaching carousel...

This is a discussion on Not feeling coaching carousel... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
TPT
Banned

OVR: 0
Not feeling coaching carousel...

The way I like to play the game is to recruit computer players and then watch cpu vs. cpu games...

4 seasons in the team is all "my players" and it's fun to see them truck defenders and take pick 6's to the house...

With this carousel...

1. "My" players (who I did not recruit... I.E. the roster as it stands...) have to meet certain goals.

I started with UL Lafayette... and got fired after year one because they didn't win 8 games when I super simmed the season

2. It's going to take forever to get to my real team... I like to win with a school then move up to my ultimate destination maybe a mid upper team like GA Tech or Clemson

3. There's no difference in the carousel anyway... if I'm an OC at a school it's just like being the HC without being the HC... I have to recruit both sides of the ball and I'm responsible for the team's overall wins somewhere in my goals so I don't see the point of that either....

Not trying to complain about the game on the first day maybe it will get better for my but I buy the game strictly for Offline Dynasty

Right now for a player like me who likes to take a 1* and recruit them up to get hired by a 4**** and take them to the title... The first 6 years of a dynasty are broken craps shoots while you wait to see if you'll get hired somewhere you can actually perform without getting fired. That defeats the purpose of a dynasty.

Also if you're wondering why I don't like taking the 1* all the way it's because EA is dopey and doesn't allow stadium upgrades and it feels lame playing as #3 florida atlantic vs. #6 alabama in front of 11,000 people

Anyway long post mostly a rant if you think it sucks keep it moving if you want to discuss your thoughts I'd be happy to hear
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Not feeling coaching carousel...

Why not turn coaching contracts off?
Old 07-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
TPT
Banned

I usually consider stuff like that cheating and like to play vanilla... but that's exactly what I might end up doing
Old 07-12-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3

How's that cheating? It'd be just like last years... in the video where they announced it they mentioned if you didn't like the new way you could go back to the old way.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
TPT
Banned

Last years you could get fired too... I got fired from Michigan lol

IDK not being able to get fired just feels like there's not much at stake

Not saying you're wrong just saying how is it like last years. Do you have a link to that video?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Coaching carousel is for a COACHING dynasty. Not a team dynasty. The POINT of it is to become a coach at a school and work on your COACHING career to go to a better school.

You need to turn off contracts for what you wanna do, which is build a SCHOOL dyanasty.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #7
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSHT21
How's that cheating? It'd be just like last years... in the video where they announced it they mentioned if you didn't like the new way you could go back to the old way.
Exactly. Don't really see how it's cheating if it basically renders NCAA 12's dynasty to be exactly like NCAA 11's.

Although I disagree with the post above me. I like playing, not coach mode.

And it may not take as long to move up as you think. I started as Utah State offensive coordinator. Got hired away by Kansas after my first season. I'm pretty much one more successful season away from being HC at a lower tier school.

The only thing I don't like is how jobs seem to be offered by alphabetical orders of teams. But for it's first year of inception, I dig the mode so far. Really adds replayablilty in my opinion.

Last edited by okstate19; 07-12-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #8
TPT
Banned

Bowers how do you coach without controlling the players? I see a mode that says coach a game how do you coach a season
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »