Home

Super Sim plays take 7 seconds off clock? Really?

This is a discussion on Super Sim plays take 7 seconds off clock? Really? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9
Super Sim plays take 7 seconds off clock? Really?

I started my coaching career as defensive coordinator at Idaho, playing on All American with 8 minute quarters.

This is fine, however since I'm the D Coordinator, I have to super-sim the offense.

Each play super-simming takes SEVEN SECONDS off the clock. That is absolutely ridiculous, as I am always playing defense, and will be hard to get my coaching goals since my offense cannot and will not stay on the field.

SUGGESTION: Super Sim should be patched/tuned/updated so that play length is comparatively measurable to the quarter length played. If you play 4-5 minute quarters, 6 seconds seems right. But 8 minute quarters should be more like 10-12, and a full 15 minute quarter game, plays should run roughly 15-20 seconds (on average, not counting late game, run out clock scenarios) before the next play is ran
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

Re: Super Sim plays take 7 seconds off clock? Really?

Just did a test, and I have the same coaching goals on 8 minute quarters as I have on 4 minute quarters.

However, if the same amount of time runs off the clock while the offense is super-simmed, you're facing an automatic uphill climb playing on longer quarter lengths.

Does not make any sense to me what so ever. Do not penalize us who want to play longer games, by having a supersimmed offense take just 6-7 seconds off the clock before the next play is run. If anything let us chose if we want to run a quick offense, or a ball control offense.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

It has always worked like this, unfortunately.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #4
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
It has always worked like this, unfortunately.
Yeah, but this is the first time it matters. I know it has always been like this. I usually play on 10 minute quarters, and when I would super-sim in the past my QB would have 50 attempts passing, while my running back would have 35 attempts rushing.

Now it matters because it will be much harder to get your coach goals on defense when your super-simmed offense is off the field in 40 seconds, and you're stuck playing defense damn near the entirety of the game.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballplaya72
Yeah, but this is the first time it matters. I know it has always been like this. I usually play on 10 minute quarters, and when I would super-sim in the past my QB would have 50 attempts passing, while my running back would have 35 attempts rushing.

Now it matters because it will be much harder to get your coach goals on defense when your super-simmed offense is off the field in 40 seconds, and you're stuck playing defense damn near the entirety of the game.
Some of us were playing offensive/defensive coordinator before EA added it as a feature...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #6
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Some of us were playing offensive/defensive coordinator before EA added it as a feature...
For sure. I'm just saying as far as coaching goals is concerned as all. I did the exact same thing, except now we have tangible rewards/demotions as a result of the performance.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:05 AM   #7
Pro

letsgopens66's Arena

OVR: 4

This is certainly my number one complaint with CC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »