Home

Super Line Backers are back

This is a discussion on Super Line Backers are back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #33
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Super Line Backers are back

in all honesty alot of times the LBs seem more powerful in pass D than CBs. they have way more effect on the passing game than cbs. i saw the super LB jumps in the demo so i knew they were still in for myself. if its better, then its marginally better than 11.

only way thisll be fixed is with trajectory work, proper physics and foot planting, and speed work to the default threshhold. if u bullet pass or semi bullet pass it will be knocked down no question if the guy is ~12yds past the LB or CB. if u put touch on it to get more loft on the trajectory, it slows it down too much and the D recovers and swarms the ball too quickly due to lack of physics and foot planting/change of direction. maybe one day theyll fix it, not gonna hold my breath....
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 07-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #34
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
I've seen a significant cut down in Super LB pics (I don't think I've encountered one playing retail), but I still get ridiculous knockdowns.

At least I still get the next play this time around, but yeah its annoying when you have a guy wide open and then boom LB makes a play (the annoying thing is the consistency with which it happens, its not a once in a blue moon thing, LBs are performing these amazing leaps multiple times a game).

I shouldn't have to worry about a Lineman or a LB possibly making the play every time I throw it, it certainly is a possibility but its not something I should have to plan for each throw (because most of the time it happens is when it shouldn't be happening).
I think this is a big part of the problem for me too. I shouldn't have to play like the LBs are three all American ball hawking safeties. On passing plays, it is like having 5 safeties instead of 2. It is not that it makes it too difficult, I like difficult games... however it is so far from real football that it completely takes me out of the immersion of the experience. It is the same reason I don't like arcade games like NFL Street or Blitz.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #35
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
I think this is a big part of the problem for me too. I shouldn't have to play like the LBs are three all American ball hawking safeties. On passing plays, it is like having 5 safeties instead of 2. It is not that it makes it too difficult, I like difficult games... however it is so far from real football that it completely takes me out of the immersion of the experience. It is the same reason I don't like arcade games like NFL Street or Blitz.
agreed....its kinda makes me wanna throw the controller sometimes. im sure everyone can attest to this feeling:

the pressure is coming as the pocket breaks down and u start to panic knowing its 3rd and long. scan one last time and u catch the WR 15-20yds upfield wide open after a cut or he sneaks between the zones...u get the glimmer in ur eye and ur panic is lifted as the WR is gonna bail u out and keep the chains moving....NOPE...LB superjumps...yea him the guy u ignored and didnt even make a factor in the play because in reality hes a good 8-12 yards away from where ur throwing it(not even a bullet either). SUCKS!!!!!!
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #36
Rookie

cas850's Arena

OVR: 2

it's not the LB's jump that is unrealistic, it's the balls trajectory.

the trajectory has been the same for what seems like forever, so until they change that, we will see what seems like "super Lb's".
Old 07-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just another example of EA not understanding football. If a defender must break the laws of physics in order for the game to not be too easy, EA messed up.

I want a greater passing challenge without unrealistic superman defenders, but I guess that's too much to ask from EA Sports.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #38
Rookie

I would say that the linebackers are fine, and agree that the pass trajectory needs some adjusting. The problem is that, bullet passes come in too low, and lob passes are too high. There's no in between touch pass it seems like. I thought I heard before that the pass buttons were sensitive, so you could do a touch pass by holding it for only a short time, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Just saw the most vomit inducing 1 hand jump interception by a DE dropping into a zone while I was throwing a receiver on a crossing route no less than 10 yards behind him(all-american difficulty, no sliders adjusted). Lob = defended by safety, bullet = defended by underneath zone. What can you do, I already suck at passing, and this doesn't make it any easier.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:45 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
Ive played 5 full games, one as Ohio St and 4 as Miami of Ohio, im not having a hard time passing and im not seeing super human LBs. Some here or there but not "oh my god, game is broken" levels.

Idk if you guys are used to putting up gaudy numbers or running the same pass plays ad nauseum but passing isnt "too hard" and the cpu zone isnt "overpowered". I actually have to think about my pass plays and read defenses pre and post snap. The days of passing for 500+ yds half asleep are over. I just hope all the frustration with cpu zone doesnt lead to a patch turning cpu defenders into vegetables.
I 100% agree, i said in the early impressions thread that I thought the super LBs were tuned down, but still an issue, and after about 20 more games I stand by that. I think it's definitely still an issue, no question but I've only seen it about once every other game instead of several times a game like in past NCAAs.

I also completely understand folks frustration in general with passing. But hey we will all get much better at it once we learn the nuances of the game. Screaming that the game is broken is a knee jerk reaction that could end up with EA patching it and making it an offensive score fest again which I don't think anyone wants.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #40
Rookie

Yeah it has to do with trajectory. I would love to lob it over the linebackers. But, I don't have that option. I've not thrown a "fast" lob yet. I needs to get there quickly but have a little arc. There isn't that throw in the game.

The thing I've tried doing is throwing high purposefully when throwing to someone over the middle. The problem there is then I have to worry about the safety hitting the receiver and knocking it out of his hands.

But, at least he has a chance that way.

My problem is when players make a play when they aren't looking for the ball. It's human nature to say to yourself "Oh that goes running away, I can throw it right by his head and he won't knock it down", cause thats what real life QBs do all the time. A guy with his back turned is not considered a threat to the ball.

The other problem is the awareness of defenders of other receivers. For example, you throw an in-route to a WR, the guy that was defending the guy running a drag underneath, leaves his man to go defend the ball in the air even though he was in the middle of running with someone else. Nobody is that aware to their surroundings.

Your receiver beat his man, you threw the ball at the right time, but you didn't account for the guy that wasn't guarding your target, and wasn't looking at your QB = incomplete pass or INT.

That's pathetic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »