Home

Super Line Backers are back

This is a discussion on Super Line Backers are back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 09:12 PM   #65
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Super Line Backers are back

To me it seems many are just used to throwing too many slants. But thats just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #66
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
To me it seems many are just used to throwing too many slants. But thats just me.
Yep, I agree. Days of forcing slants over the middle are over and guys are acting like their hair is on fire.

Expansive playbooks, try to use more of it guys.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's tough throwing across the middle this year for sure. I've played 9 games now and I've slowly been making progress. I'm playing on AA with slider adjustments. Instead of lobbing it between the safety and linebacker you have to have damn good timing and hit the receiver in the zone. If you're a second late then the linebacker will get to it.

However....corner routes are a lot more successful this year. I've also hit a few deep off of play action. It's still a work in progress though, I think the highest completion % I've had was somewhere between 55-60%.

Screens are pretty good too, both for HB and WR.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

On RTG, for the sake of achievements on the 360, I created a QB on Varsity and throw all the time. As such, I have seen the LBs knock down a ton of passes, and the DBs get to balls I don't think they should. However, I am also aware that a lot of that has to do with me forcing balls to WRs that realistically aren't covered for the sake of trying to make a big play. With a lower speed threshold and some slider tweaks, I suspect the passing game in NCAA '12 will be just fine. At least I'm having fun...
Old 07-13-2011, 11:51 PM   #69
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Oh god no. Here we go again. And I am not trying to single you out. It is this type of general outcry that leads to tuners and patches ruining what is already out of the box a great game IMO.

The passing game is playing fine for me. The defense makes you pay for mistakes.....finally.

When people start getting in uproar that the game is too hard....that is when it get's dumbed down.

EA can never win....it is unreal.

I am making sure I do not download patch 2.0 until I see posts by OS'ers I highly respect. I don't play online so I don't need any further patches or tuners if they dumb down the game are cause other bugs to arise.

I have been playing EA football games for over 20 years.

This is their best one yet. It's never going to be perfect. There are some things that need work no question.

And Madden 12 is going to be amazing as well. They have listened and tightened up so many areas of gameplay that needed it. Tackling, zone defense, an effective pass rush.

Defense is back and stronger than ever....so game plan, practice and get better. Read the defense. Pump fake, establish the run, play action....score and win.

There are plenty of players here doing just that.

Enjoy the game!!!!!
Yeah, I agree. I have had a lot of trouble passing, but I feel I just need to adjust and unlearn some of the stupid things I've been able to do in the past.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:16 AM   #70
MVP

weeeeeeez's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Oh god no. Here we go again. And I am not trying to single you out. It is this type of general outcry that leads to tuners and patches ruining what is already out of the box a great game IMO.

The passing game is playing fine for me. The defense makes you pay for mistakes.....finally.

When people start getting in uproar that the game is too hard....that is when it get's dumbed down.

EA can never win....it is unreal.

I am making sure I do not download patch 2.0 until I see posts by OS'ers I highly respect. I don't play online so I don't need any further patches or tuners if they dumb down the game are cause other bugs to arise.

I have been playing EA football games for over 20 years.

This is their best one yet. It's never going to be perfect. There are some things that need work no question.

And Madden 12 is going to be amazing as well. They have listened and tightened up so many areas of gameplay that needed it. Tackling, zone defense, an effective pass rush.

Defense is back and stronger than ever....so game plan, practice and get better. Read the defense. Pump fake, establish the run, play action....score and win.

There are plenty of players here doing just that.

Enjoy the game!!!!!
I'm not saying it's too hard, I'm saying that it's unrealistic. I'm enjoying the game just fine running the football, but the computer knows every time for some reason if you are passing and runs a zone every time.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:28 AM   #71
Rookie

BleedBlue23's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm seeing the Super LBs as well. Especially while playing games in All-American or Heisman difficulty. It's extremely irritating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 12:31 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 0
Post Re: Super Line Backers are back

Has anyone ever tried audibles or changing routes instead of forcing throws or pass plays? The CPU cannot figure out every play but if you want to throw them off, well throw an audible or change routes. It has always worked for years

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »