Home

Super Line Backers are back

This is a discussion on Super Line Backers are back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6
Super Line Backers are back

So, in all the reviews for this game I have read, most have mentioned that line backers leaping into the air to knock down passes has been toned down, but I am not seeing that at all. I routinely see LB leap into the air to knock down a pass to a WR 5 to 10 yards behind them. So much so, that it is beginning to really annoy me. If I try to put touch on the ball, then they are more likely to intercept it. Am I the only one who feels that this is a problem? I don't mind the challenge, but seeing a LB leap into the air and knock down a pass to a WR 10 yards behind him just takes me out of the immersion of the game. I have never seen that done in real life. It just serves to remind me that this is a video game and that kind of ruins the illusion if you know what I mean.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 09:56 PM   #2
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Super Line Backers are back

I noticed it too. I was happy reading the reviews that said this was gone but kind of dissapointed when I put the game on and noticed it was still very much apart of the passing game. A LB even "sucktioned/warped" into intercepting a pass. I should have recorded it and put it on here.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #3
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3

Sitting in an air conditioned room with a controller ruins the illusion for me. No I'm only joking with you lol.

But I've only played two full games, and I've seen it once. Even then it was low enough I could see it happening.

So it could still be there I just ahven't seen it, been to busy with my playbook and practice mode. Let's hope you just had some bad luck and it isn't back. Let's just hope.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10

I hate this with a passion. Nothing like spotting an open man 15 yards down field and a linebacker or defensive end jumping 5 feet in the air and knocking down the pass.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #5
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

It's already easy enough to score so why make it even easier? It's annoying yes but come on lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #6
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

LBs are destroying my passes, but I'm not sure it's because of Super LBs. I am thinking either their awareness in the zone is better so they have better positioning, or I'm not putting enough touch on my passes. Could be Super LBs, but I'm not ready to go that far yet in my experience...
Old 07-12-2011, 10:19 PM   #7
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
It's already easy enough to score so why make it even easier? It's annoying yes but come on lol
So, by your logic they should put a 50 foot Godzilla on defense to make it harder to score. I don't care if it makes it easy to score... it is very unrealistic. I can adjust sliders if it is too easy to score without making the game like NFL Blitz... or at least I should be able to.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:19 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

Agreed, I had heard they were toned down, but the LBs still seem a bit overpowered in pass zone coverage! and by chance you try to lob it over them, then the corners or safeties pursue and catch up to break it up or pick it. I suppose QB awareness may play a role? I was playing with a crappy throwing qb when i noticed it. Frustrating indeed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »