Home

Nebraska guys! (in-game discussion on the Huskers)

This is a discussion on Nebraska guys! (in-game discussion on the Huskers) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 01:02 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Nebraska guys! (in-game discussion on the Huskers)

I thought 7 was Spano, and they just didn't take him out of it yet.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:03 AM   #10
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky
Lets discuss stuff related to Nebraska in-game here. What moves did you make in the roster, playbook stuff, customizations, etc.

First couple of topics:

1. Are you guys creating Bubba Starling? I know we won't know for about a month for sure, but I don't think I'm going to use him in the game. I will be glad to start my franchise over in August if it turns out he's coming.

2. T-Mart ratings. I feel like his passing ratings might be a little high, and his speed rating is definitely low. I think his OVR is right, but we need to raise speed and drop THA to compensate, probably.

3. Aaron Green is also a little low I feel. I know he is a freshman, but I've always viewed 5*, top 10 overall incoming players as 77-79 OVR to start off. I split the difference at 78 on him, mostly by increasing awareness and carrying ability.

4. Do we need to create any glaring omissions in players? The only player I've created so far is Kenny Bell, who wasn't on the roster before. I have room for one more, and I'm thinking about using it for Todd Peat Jr. since DT depth is a little light on young guys.

Thoughts?
1. My most serious OD won't be til he has to make a decision, if he does, I will expect him to be on my roster. Not sure what he would be doing, but I'd find something.

2. Agree. His speed is a joke at 82, but his other ratings are a little ridiculous given his performances last year.

3. Agree on Green. I am not sure who #27 is supposed to be, Tray Robinson is gone, I would make Green the overall of #27.

4. Wish some of the younger guys would have made it in. I will have to move Turner and then use Cody Green and Tray Robinson's characters to create a couple of the new guys, not sure who though.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:04 AM   #11
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagskerfan
It's Turner. EA pretty much matched up the true frosh with their exact HT and WT from Rivals. Makes it pretty easy to see who is who.

The numbers were pure guesses though, and can sometimes lead to confusion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 01:05 AM   #12
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagskerfan
7 is for sure Jamal Turner. Carnes is in, but his number is wrong. Cody is in, which he should not be but EA is forgiven since Cody requested his release pretty late in the development.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:06 AM   #13
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Yes, that's just ESPN. Phil Steele has him as the #8 RB, Rivals has him as the #8 RB, Scout has him at #6.

So the consensus is that Malcolm Brown, De'Anthony Thomas, James Wilder, Isaiah Crowell, Brandon Williams, Savon Huggins, and Mike Bellamy are all better than Green.

Bubba may not be a WR, but #83 was intended to be him.

QB #7 is Turner.
Oh, I guess I don't follow much but ESPN for recruiting. Didn't know he was that far down.

As far as Starling, that is what editing is for.

I think the disconnect is that I already have a completed roster set with names. So that guy might have made some edits that are different from what your seeing.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:08 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

They need to make Turner have better speed and acceleration then. That guy can fly, he's going to be a gamer for us!!
Old 07-13-2011, 01:10 AM   #15
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky
Oh, I guess I don't follow much but ESPN for recruiting. Didn't know he was that far down.

As far as Starling, that is what editing is for.

I think the disconnect is that I already have a completed roster set with names. So that guy might have made some edits that are different from what your seeing.
Yeah, Green will still be a stud in the game. His SPD, AGI, and ACC combo is as good as anyone else in the recruiting class.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 01:12 AM   #16
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

OVR: 8

Here are the edits I made (off the top of my head) from the default:

QB-

Edited Cody Green to Ron Kellogg III
Moved Jamal Turner to WR

RB-

Bumped up Green to 78
Changed Tray Robinson to Ameer Abdullah and dropped his ratings to 70.
Moved Gilleylan to RB and dropped his ratings to 75

WR-

Made Starling into Stanley Jean-Baptiste
CAP Kenny Bell
Moved Daniel Davie from SS to WR

DT-

CAP Todd Peat Jr, ratings to 72

LB-

Upped Lavonte David ratings to 91, mostly with awareness bump

K-

Changed Jason Dann to Mauro Bondi

That's all I did, just off the top of my head. I'm just trying to start a quick "hold me over" dynasty before my real one later in the fall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »