Home

Nebraska guys! (in-game discussion on the Huskers)

This is a discussion on Nebraska guys! (in-game discussion on the Huskers) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2011, 11:02 PM   #57
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Nebraska guys! (in-game discussion on the Huskers)

I've pondered running an old school Nebraska offense. But even that option feels off. I don't know what I want to do, either. I'm still going to need to mess with sliders and other playbooks more.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:50 AM   #58
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
I've pondered running an old school Nebraska offense. But even that option feels off. I don't know what I want to do, either. I'm still going to need to mess with sliders and other playbooks more.
The offense I designed with TMagic and Nebraska in mind was basically an interpretation of what I want our offense to look like, rather than what it will. I went with 5 Pistol (Full House, Train and H Twins being the primary with Ace and Spread in there) then I went with all the Shotgun wing/flex formations plus a bunch of Wildcat.

Unfortunately, it isn't working very well. I usually run the ball fine from the gun, mixing straight gives and reads and then a variety of jet motion. The problem comes in the passing game. These formations have absolutely terrible passing looks and against humans, they can just load up the box and dare me to throw.

I am thinking of making a sort of hybrid offense, putting some I option and Wishbone option together with pistol and gun option and just pounding the rock 50 times a game and hope I just don't need to pass.

Another problem is that Gator/Buckeye's rosters kind of put Nebraska in a tough spot. No Carnes now, Turner has no speed, the back combination is weird. Not sure where to go with that.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:53 AM   #59
Rookie

Cdog923's Arena

OVR: 1

I built my playbook off of LSU's, which is what I used last year. I have mostly Pistol and Shotgun formations, but I also have about 9 Ace/I-Forms, which is what I do a majority of running out of.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:16 AM   #60
Rookie

husker237's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm not sure what to do with the playbook either. I want to make it as close to the real thing as possible. I've been practicing running a no huddle offense so I can have it down by time i start my dynasty.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #61
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Another problem is that Gator/Buckeye's rosters kind of put Nebraska in a tough spot. No Carnes now, Turner has no speed, the back combination is weird. Not sure where to go with that.
What happened to Carnes? I'm on 360(OS Community with Schumj edits), so my rosters are different. The names behind Rex are there, I just don't know which to use. Or how to use all 3 lol.

Last edited by Tengo Juego; 07-20-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #62
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
What happened to Carnes? I'm on 360(OS Community with Shumj edits), so my rosters are different. The names behind Rex are there, I just don't know which to use. Or how to use all 3 lol.
Yah I don't have PS3 so not sure how they took out Carnes. He is a must. I just redid my updates based on the latest Community Rosters last night. Quite a few changes. This is what I remember doing

QB
Martinez
Carnes
I took out Starling and decided not to add a 3rd for now. As much as Martinez gets hurt I may change my mind, but I just don't see Kellogg (most likely 3rd) or Brokemeier playing much in their careers unless we are in terrible position. I didn't add Starling cuz I don't think he will be there. I will just use either Rex or Turner if in trouble.

HB
Rex
Green
Heard
Abdullah
Austin Jones - I wanted to get another HB and thought he will be gone after one year so added him.

FB
Legate
replaced Zimmerer with Marrow.

WR
Kinnie
Bell
Marlowe
Turner
SJB
Enunwa
Allen

Removed Cooper just don't think much upside and wanted to keep Allen as I think with his position coach being his former coach he will get many opportunities to prove himself.

TE
No changes

LT
Sirles
Hardrick
Moore

I have seen lots of people moving Sirles to backup RT but have seen nothing but opinions that Sirles is most likely starting at LT still. Anyone heard different?

LG
Rodriguez
Thompson - Hearing will get opportunity here to spell both G's
Klachko

C
No changes

RG
Qvale
Moudy

RT
Marcel Jones
Cotton
Sterup

Have Cotton playing backup RT and RG right now.

LE
Cam "stache" Meredith
Ankrah

RE
Martin
Carter
Williams

DT
Crick
Steinkuhler
Moore
Randle
Rome
Guy
Peat
Williams

LLB
Fisher
Roach

MLB
Compton
Stoddard
Whaley

Moved David back to RLB as most of what I am reading has him playing WILL

RLB
David
May
Santos

CB
Dennard
Evans
Green
Bell
Mitchell
Jackson
Middleton replaced Dijon

FS
Osborne
Smith
Harvey Jackson

SS
Cassidy
Stafford
Cooper

I heard on here somewhere radio in Omaha said they were trying Stafford at Will in offseason but have not seen anything to confirm so will leave here until.

K/P Same.

Sure will make more changes come fall camp. May add QB and will see which db's step up and make DC. Washington may need to be added again, but the 69 roster cap just kills me. I want 85 man rosters more than just about anything not game play related as I really utilize formation subs to make sure all non rs personnel play somewhere at least special teams.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
What happened to Carnes? I'm on 360(OS Community with Shumj edits), so my rosters are different. The names behind Rex are there, I just don't know which to use. Or how to use all 3 lol.
I have Rex in most formations with Braylon and Green input into some via formation subs. I have Ameer PR/KR with a couple formations that I rarely use just in case I wanna get him in there. I am curious to see if we redshirt any of them. i think one of the others would have to step up meaning Kildow, Jones, Okafor, etc. I also wonder how Marrow will turn out as more of our power back. Think he will line up more as a IB than FB.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #64
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
Sure will make more changes come fall camp. May add QB and will see which db's step up and make DC. Washington may need to be added again, but the 69 roster cap just kills me. I want 85 man rosters more than just about anything not game play related as I really utilize formation subs to make sure all non rs personnel play somewhere at least special teams.
I think I'm going to stick with 3 QB's. As it is, I may RS one of the 3 Freshman backs we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
I have Rex in most formations with Braylon and Green input into some via formation subs. I have Ameer PR/KR with a couple formations that I rarely use just in case I wanna get him in there. I am curious to see if we redshirt any of them. i think one of the others would have to step up meaning Kildow, Jones, Okafor, etc. I also wonder how Marrow will turn out as more of our power back. Think he will line up more as a IB than FB.
I've been using Turner as our Returner. Upped his speed, acceleration, elusiveness, and agility.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »