Home

Anyone else playing as a DC?

This is a discussion on Anyone else playing as a DC? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 01:35 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Anyone else playing as a DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
So, are all of you actually playing the games on the field on D or coaching from the sidelines, and letting the CPU run your plays? Just curious. I might wanna try DC once I get some good rosters.
I am actually playing it out on the field.. Making a lot of plays like everyone is saying here, but my Offense is killing me.. Bad field position, turnovers, I give them the ball inside the 10 yrd line like 4 times and they came away with field goals all 4 times!!!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #18
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Started as a DC at San Jose State. Frustrating as hell! I'm going to try to get out of here ASAP but I don't know if anyone will hire me after this awful season.

I let CPU handle all recruiting, except I will do the calls for a couple defensive prospects each week. And, I auto-reorder the depth chart and then only mess with the defense.

Wish SJSU had an offense to help me out! This will be a long season...
Old 07-13-2011, 02:07 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Frustrating as hell! I'm going to try to get out of here ASAP but I don't know if anyone will hire me after this awful season.
Was thinking the same thing, but now wondering what builds up your coaching prestige more, turning around a sorry program, or jumping to a good program n maintaining it. ?????
Old 07-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #20
Rookie

ram124's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Started as a DC at San Jose State. Frustrating as hell! I'm going to try to get out of here ASAP but I don't know if anyone will hire me after this awful season.

I let CPU handle all recruiting, except I will do the calls for a couple defensive prospects each week. And, I auto-reorder the depth chart and then only mess with the defense.
I'm playing mine similarly. It's still really fun, even if my offense sucks so bad and we keep losing.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #21
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2

i'm not gonna lie, i'm enjoying so far (but only after one game).

i'm tulane's DC and have custom conf out the wazoo so i have them in the sun belt. (most of the teams i put there are all around a 68 or 70 ovr).

i played east carolina away for the first game and really enjoyed the experience. the offense was awful and my D got passed on big late.

especially in no huddle.

lost 20-13 in OT in the rain.

gave up 309 thru the air but only 24 rushing yards. and sacked QB 5 times. computer executed a slot end around to the short side of the field perfectly and scored on 2nd and goal from the 14.

then the offense failed to tie.
Chicago White Sox
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #22
Rookie

rwk2009's Arena

OVR: 5

I am also playing as the SJSU defensive coordinator.
6 minute quarters on Heisman proved too long the first game, Andrew Luck and Stanford had 14 possessions. They also converted that into a 71-0 win.
On to UCLA I guess...
MLB : Washington Nationals
Old 07-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #23
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

So what's the best quarter length for this mode? I usually play on 8 mins to try and get the average number of plays in a real game. I think the simming during games are pretty quick this year only taking around 5-7 seconds per play I think is what somebody said.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #24
Rookie

CJManis10's Arena

OVR: 0

Is anyone else having a problem when playing as the DC the other teams gets around 70-90 snaps a game? That's not realistic at all...

If it helps, I'm playing 8 minute quarters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »