Home

Any news on progression?

This is a discussion on Any news on progression? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 12:16 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Any news on progression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalStrong05
I really wish progression wasn't so random and was more based on playing time and a potenial rating that we could actually see.
This would be absolutely perfect. Especially with in-season roster edits so you can edit potential on how you want it.

Oh well, hopefully EA releases maybe a quick fix patch that could help slow the progression a bit. Though I doubt it is much of a quick fix.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:22 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

They had player progression right last year, but everybody whined about it. It really just needed some minor tweaks maybe raise it a couple points and add a couple more elite level prospects at every possession, but instead they went overboard with player progression. This needs to be fixed.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:23 AM   #75
Rookie

pj_28's Arena

OVR: 3

I wish it was based on playing time, that would be amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 12:25 AM   #76
Rookie

I've found the reason that some players are sometimes jumping so much progression wise, it's not just the off-season training results.

Just a quick thing I noticed when simulating a couple seasons, when a QB has had really strong seasons such as EJ Manuel and Case Keenum have on most the seasons I've simulated, they've been progressing nearly four points during the season! Add this on top of 4-6 points during offseason progression and you could almost have a player progressing nearly 10 points in a season, which is just ludicrous.

EA really needs to find some sort of fix to this, dynasties are almost unplayable.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:27 AM   #77
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicejob3532
They had player progression right last year, but everybody whined about it. It really just needed some minor tweaks maybe raise it a couple points and add a couple more elite level prospects at every possession, but instead they went overboard with player progression. This needs to be fixed.
Progression and ratings (especially WR) were bad last year and it made the gameplay bad and the NCAA was a bunch of scrubs by year 5. Also, Madden imports were horrible.

They got it right this year, just looks like a small bug/glitch possibly tied to coaches has amped it a little too much. MAYBE. Not everyone is getting the same results. Even if the players are too amped it's far better than the alternative. Last year if you were able to get a few top recruits you'd run the table easily and be the only A rated team by year 5. Now there's a lot of competition and surprises.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:29 AM   #78
Banned

CardinalStrong05's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendezvous
This would be absolutely perfect. Especially with in-season roster edits so you can edit potential on how you want it.

Oh well, hopefully EA releases maybe a quick fix patch that could help slow the progression a bit. Though I doubt it is much of a quick fix.
Agreed. Being able to edit potential would be sweet. That way the 5'9 Qb won't have more potential then the 6'6 Qb with speed would have.

It seems like every year there is an issue with progression and/or prospect ratings. You would think after getting right once they wouldn't touch it again.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #79
Banned

CardinalStrong05's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Progression and ratings (especially WR) were bad last year and it made the gameplay bad and the NCAA was a bunch of scrubs by year 5. Also, Madden imports were horrible.

They got it right this year, just looks like a small bug/glitch possibly tied to coaches has amped it a little too much. MAYBE. Not everyone is getting the same results. Even if the players are too amped it's far better than the alternative. Last year if you were able to get a few top recruits you'd run the table easily and be the only A rated team by year 5. Now there's a lot of competition and surprises.
While I agree WR's sucked last year, I don't like all the 95+ players this year. I think EA needs to go the route of Choops 2k8 and make players in the 50-60's somewhat playable on the field. As of right now only players rated 70+ can really thrive on the field.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:33 AM   #80
Rookie

So what is the verdict on turning coach contracts off. Does it help?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »