Home

Any news on progression?

This is a discussion on Any news on progression? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 11:44 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Any news on progression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendezvous
It was actually like 7-8, but it was also after my first season as well.

Thats weird because I just simmed my first season and there is only 1 99 overall QB. I made no coaching changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 11:51 PM   #66
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer08
Thats weird because I just simmed my first season and there is only 1 99 overall QB. I made no coaching changes.
Hmm, maybe something regarding the rosters and some players not staying or leaving.

But after my first season of all coach prestige in the ACC at 0 I'm still getting mixed results. David Wilson RB for VT for example only went up 1 point overall and Duke's QB went up 2 points overall while most of my player's on Virginia roster advanced anywhere from 3-6 points. I think I'm going to change the DC and OC prestige ratings to 0 next and see what I get as well.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:54 PM   #67
Banned

CardinalStrong05's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Hmm, maybe something regarding the rosters and some players not staying or leaving.

But after my first season of all coach prestige in the ACC at 0 I'm still getting mixed results. David Wilson RB for VT for example only went up 1 point overall and Duke's QB went up 2 points overall while most of my player's on Virginia roster advanced anywhere from 3-6 points. I think I'm going to change the DC and OC prestige ratings to 0 next and see what I get as well.
It will suck to not have coaching changes, but at least dynasty might be playable now.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:58 PM   #68
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I wonder why these issues didn't appear when the reviewer simmed to 2025?
http://www.operationsports.com/featu...road-to-glory/

Not saying anyone is lying/exaggerating but why are people having such mixed results?
Old 07-14-2011, 12:02 AM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
I wonder why these issues didn't appear when the reviewer simmed to 2025?
http://www.operationsports.com/featu...road-to-glory/

Not saying anyone is lying/exaggerating but why are people having such mixed results?
Was that review before the day one patch was released? Could it be post-patch that the problem is?
Old 07-14-2011, 12:06 AM   #70
Banned

CardinalStrong05's Arena

Quote:
Was that review before the day one patch was released? Could it be post-patch that the problem is?
I don't think so. In the article he says that basically all 5 star recruits end up in the mid 90's and most 2 and 3 stars end up in the mid 80's. He also says that every Bcs program has a QB of at least 80. For some reason he just seems to like higher ratings.

Btw, how is the sim going?
Old 07-14-2011, 12:12 AM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalStrong05
I don't think so. In the article he says that basically all 5 star recruits end up in the mid 90's and most 2 and 3 stars end up in the mid 80's. He also says that every Bcs program has a QB of at least 80. For some reason he just seems to like higher ratings.

Btw, how is the sim going?
Well after my first test of just turning coaching contracts off I found out that coaches prestige do not progress.

So on the second run I turned all the head coaches in the ACC to 0 prestige. I got mixed ratings from times before, but nothing to official that I can tell if it was from the 0 prestige.

So now I set all the OC and DC's prestige to 0 in the ACC and I'll check the progression of the players of the conference once it's done simulating here again. It's just so hard to tell because it seems like after every season the ratings are much different. I guess we'll see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 12:14 AM   #72
Banned

CardinalStrong05's Arena

Quote:
Well after my first test of just turning coaching contracts off I found out that coaches prestige do not progress.

So on the second run I turned all the head coaches in the ACC to 0 prestige. I got mixed ratings from times before, but nothing to official that I can tell if it was from the 0 prestige.

So now I set all the OC and DC's prestige to 0 in the ACC and I'll check the progression of the players of the conference once it's done simulating here again. It's just so hard to tell because it seems like after every season the ratings are much different. I guess we'll see.
I really wish progression wasn't so random and was more based on playing time and a potenial rating that we could actually see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »