Home

Too Many A Rated Coaches?

This is a discussion on Too Many A Rated Coaches? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 03:39 PM   #41
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Too Many A Rated Coaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkwforAUTigers
I started a thread about this about a week ago. Someone created a chart showing what each coach should be:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...restige-2.html
Post 15.
Mods if you could helo with the link that would be helpful...
I even toned the ratings down a bit more.

Vol's template was really good. That's actually about how I would have done it. It is most important to have the best coordinators at that B rating being the highest, and working all the way down to F. I might just go ahead and use these and adjust them to my liking if needed. Thanks man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 19

I just edited down to were a D+ is the avg coach because there really isn't an F range, but the D range goes all the way down to 1.

Some coach's like Paterno, C. Peterson, C. Kelly, B. Stoops are A's only to try and force the schools to resign them since we can't adjust initial contracts.

All of my top OC/DC's are B rated or lower.
While most others are C rated or lower.

Most of my Small School/Mid-Major Coach's fall into the D range, esp until I can spend more time with this feature to see what/how much Prestige really effects the game.

I'm testing to see if this Prestige...
-can be used to keep the Top Recruits only going to Top Schools.

-limit Transfer players from big programs transferring to lower-tiered schools.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #43
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

Thumbs up Re: Too Many A Rated Coaches?

Great work here guys. We need to find out how much (or little) a team with D coaches will progress. This very well may also fix the "too many players rated highly in the future".
Old 07-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #44
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkwforAUTigers
I started a thread about this about a week ago. Someone created a chart showing what each coach should be:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...restige-2.html
Post 15.
Mods if you could helo with the link that would be helpful...
I even toned the ratings down a bit more.

Thats great stuff, I'll probably use it. But isnt there a high risk that by implimenting these it will result in more of the same from last year where there only ended up being like 10 teams that were really good after several years in?

Also If I were to use this how would I adjust? just download the roster file with coaches named, open the file and edit that way?
Old 07-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #45
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Sam99
Thats great stuff, I'll probably use it. But isnt there a high risk that by implimenting these it will result in more of the same from last year where there only ended up being like 10 teams that were really good after several years in?

Also If I were to use this how would I adjust? just download the roster file with coaches named, open the file and edit that way?
I will be doing research to find out whatthis does down the road. Will post info later.
You will have to edit the coaches based on a number rating, and while they have a letter rating, the actual rating is imputted through a number (99-95= A+?, 90-95 A?, etc.). It is imputted on a edit coaches option right next tot he edit players on the roster management in the main menu.
Hope that made sense...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #46
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Sam99

I don't think we need to worry about that. I just simmed one season and nearly half of the SEC (including coordinators) jumped to A.

By the way, now that I know the number grades, I am changing my system to give each coach a spefic number rating. I will post it when I'm done.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 7

Maybe the coachs prestige is increasing based on the players rating, and then the players rating increases based on that coaches presitge... Sort of a circular mind f*ck, if you will...
Old 07-13-2011, 04:15 PM   #48
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Ok here we go. This is an adjusted HC ranking system. In my previous version, I did not know about the numerical rating system. This version has numerical ratings for every coach. Please let me know what you think of this. My coordinator rankings should be up soon.
PS: I am working on putting all these ratings into the game and will simulate some season in dynasty and post the results.

Spoiler

Last edited by volstopfan14; 07-13-2011 at 04:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »