Home

Simming recruiting until a head coach

This is a discussion on Simming recruiting until a head coach within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 05:07 AM   #1
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6
Simming recruiting until a head coach

I'm thinking of Simming recruiting whilst I'm a co-ordinator. Once I get a head coaching job I'll start recruiting. Anyone else doing this and if so how well does the CPU recruit?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
Rookie

awkwardmoment's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Simming recruiting until a head coach

I forgot to turn off recruiting cpu in week 1 and didnt like what it filled up my empty spots with
Old 07-13-2011, 07:53 AM   #3
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
I'm thinking of Simming recruiting whilst I'm a co-ordinator. Once I get a head coaching job I'll start recruiting. Anyone else doing this and if so how well does the CPU recruit?
I'm considering recruiting the side of the ball I coach (most likely offense) and then letting the CPU assist handle the rest. You could put like the 10 players you need the most at the top of the recruiting board and then spend 5-6 hours on them each week and then let the CPU finish it off. Its not a perfect scenario but we have to work with what we got this year. Hopefully it will be more refined next year.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 07-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
Banned

Draconian Sanctions's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm doing that to a point. I go in first week and pick out 15 targets for my side of the ball and I recruit 5 of those 15 during the year and let the CPU do the rest. I figure that lets me dabble a little bit in it like an assistant but keep it limited since I'm not the head honcho yet. I got top 20 classes all 3 years while D/C at Texas Tech and the #8 class after my first year as Michigan D/C
Old 07-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #5
Rookie

frnkpw13's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm simming the recruiting as O cord for the NIU. I will be recruiting only when i make head coach of a team, it just feels right that way for me.
National Champions 1958, 2003, 2007, 2019

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #6
Rookie

dutchoven's Arena

OVR: 2

I am only recruiting the position needs for offense since i am the offensive coordinator at Washington State. i.e. If i need 1 LT...i manually recruit 2-3 LT the first couple of weeks then dwindle down to serious recurits. I let the a.i. handle the defensive side. Coordinators do recruit. You could focus on just one position. So lets say you are O.C. you could recruit just QB, and "pretend" you are the quarterbacks coach. Hope this helps.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:19 AM   #7
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by frnkpw13
I'm simming the recruiting as O cord for the NIU. I will be recruiting only when i make head coach of a team, it just feels right that way for me.
Same thing I'll be doing. Hopefully the CPU gives me some players to work with, but until I'm a HC, I'm not going to do any recruiting. Adds an extra element into the mode for me.

I'll also be doing another separate dynasty as a HC, though, just to get my immediate recruiting fix.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
TPT
Banned

OVR: 0

I'm simming recruiting. The classes aren't great but what can I do. Just waiting to be HC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »