Home

ECU Passing

This is a discussion on ECU Passing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 05:23 AM   #1
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7
ECU Passing

I did not know their passing was this good. 94ovl QB 92ovlWR 85WR 83WR and a 6'8"WRWatching them play Pitt right now in the Big East champ game. 6'8"wr mossed pitts CB for a touchdown to take the lead with 1:44 left in the game

Last edited by Michgantown; 07-13-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: ECU Passing

They do have a really tall reciever. i think he is 6'10". he caught a hail marry pass last year.
as far as the QB, he is well over rated. He is ok, i would put him at around 84 - 86.

But the thing you have to remember is that EA's default roster can not be too much like the real rosters, else they will get sued again.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
MVP

unc12003's Arena

OVR: 9

their qb davis isn't really that good. Should not be anywhere near a 94. He put up huge numbers because they pass every down but that doesn't make him 94 kind of talent.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
Rookie

They may pass a majority of the time, but you still have to be a stud to complete 65% of your passes with 37 TD's... And his athleticism probably boosted him a few points as well.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eason24
They do have a really tall reciever. i think he is 6'10". he caught a hail marry pass last year.
as far as the QB, he is well over rated. He is ok, i would put him at around 84 - 86.

But the thing you have to remember is that EA's default roster can not be too much like the real rosters, else they will get sued again.
Yea to beat Tulsa as time expired, I was at that game. Jon Jones, he's 6'8" and was a FRESHMAN last year. I think eventually he'll transition to TE as he's added some muscle but he's gonna be playing on Sundays for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
Rookie

TLizChosen's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by unc12003
their qb davis isn't really that good. Should not be anywhere near a 94. He put up huge numbers because they pass every down but that doesn't make him 94 kind of talent.
ECU has QB's in the NFL past and present so ...He may be that good....that is why they are using him.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

ECU runs the Air Raid offense where they throw the ball a lot and score a lot of points. There QB's name is Dominique Davis. He tossed for single-season school records in touchdowns (37), completions (393) , passing yards (3,967), passing yards per game (305), and total offensive yards (4,108) and is on the Maxwell Award watch list for 2011. I have seen him play and he deserves the ratings. This is a good team to play with offensively in a dynasty. The problem is that they are not very good on defense.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #8
MVP

unc12003's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rom3
ECU runs the Air Raid offense where they throw the ball a lot and score a lot of points. There QB's name is Dominique Davis. He tossed for single-season school records in touchdowns (37), completions (393) , passing yards (3,967), passing yards per game (305), and total offensive yards (4,108) and is on the Maxwell Award watch list for 2011. I have seen him play and he deserves the ratings. This is a good team to play with offensively in a dynasty. The problem is that they are not very good on defense.
I've seen him play too, I worked at ECU last year and was at every game. Its all a matter of opinion but to me he just seemed like the numbers were due to the system and not him. Not saying he isn't good but I would consider 94 overall great and I don't see him like that. Never seemed that accurate and threw a lot of interceptions. He threw for a high percentage but that is easy when so many of the passes are short slants and screens to guys like d. harris. We will see what happens this year but I just think he should be more in the high 80s range(88, 89) than 94. Agree to disagree I suppose

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »