Home

User Picks, Is it an epidemic?

This is a discussion on User Picks, Is it an epidemic? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #25
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: User Picks, Is it an epidemic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIx Nautica xII
The high rate of interceptions in user games was the one thing that really stood out to me compared to last years game.
That is basically what everyone is trying to say, though. The game has changed and we can't play it like last years, because it's not. The same plays don't work and the same routes won't always work. I already found myself having to adjust and making more reads, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 01:19 PM   #26
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIx Nautica xII
During day one of the release, I have heard a lot of people talking about the extreme amounts of user picks in this game and have experienced it myself. I played 3 user games yesterday and in each game there were on average about 8 user picks between both sides. It seems that about 90% of the time when a user defender is near a ball thrown it gets picked off.

Has anyone else noticed this?

If your going to post something like "don't thrown into coverage" or something else along those lines, please refrain from doing so as that is not what input I am looking for.
Sto throwing the ball in traffic and 95% of the time, problem solved..

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 07-13-2011, 01:19 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

I still haven't picked up the game, but I'm glad to hear all the picks are happening.

In the past, it was nearly impossible to throw a pick even if you tried, and when there was a pick, it seemed to be totally at random.

I'm sure this has been a tough issue to tackle for EA. The more sim you make a game, the less accessible it is for people who don't understand the ins and outs of football, and I'd argue that 95% of the people who play this game don't get it.

In college (and even high school), if you throw the ball around like most gamers do, you would end up getting picked off upwards of 10 times.

Sidenote: Hello everyone! I used to be pretty active in Madden Mania back before the merger. Haven't been gaming much recently, but I'm back now! Great to be here!
Old 07-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #28
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
That is basically what everyone is trying to say, though. The game has changed and we can't play it like last years, because it's not. The same plays don't work and the same routes won't always work. I already found myself having to adjust and making more reads, etc.
You sir are 100% correct on this.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:26 PM   #29
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Sto throwing the ball in traffic and 95% of the time, problem solved..

Old 07-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #30
Rookie

StumpyJones's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah, two things happened this year:
  1. DB's will play the ball more then the reciever. They will jump in front of routes and play much smarter.
  2. WR's got dumber. For the most part, they ONLY pay attention to routes and rarely make a play for the ball.
Both of these combined pretty much means: Don't throw near defenders. There are better diving catches such this year, so leading the receiver plays a bigger role, I feel.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #31
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9

We seem to can't get user picks. My friend and I played like 5 games yesterday and the only picks we could get were computer controlled
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 01:34 PM   #32
Pro

kc10785's Arena

OVR: 6

This game makes you accountable for bad passes being thrown which i love. I had a person I was playing yesterday in a rank match who kept droping back 15 yards instead of steping up in the pocket and his passes was horrible. I pick him off 3 times in the second half he kept throwing the ball to the wrong reads. I don't find user INT a issue in this game. I have played 4 rank games online and 5 games against the computer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »