Home

You have any exciting down to the wire games yet?

This is a discussion on You have any exciting down to the wire games yet? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
You have any exciting down to the wire games yet?

I play on 7 minutes on AA default sliders. Doing Dynasty with the Golden Bears. 1 game, I had a 30 yard run with time running out to win it in regulation. Ran the HB Draw play to just run out the clock, got more than that.

Just played another down to the wire game today. Trojans @ Golden Bears. Most I was down by was 10. Then I got a fumble, interception, both returned for a TD. Most I was up by was 17. Then I started making mistakes and the Trojans came back by 3. Back and forth throughout the 2nd half. Then I get a 4 point lead in the 4th, with 1:09 left. I flick the joystick in the wrong direction and the Trojans have a 40 yard TD to win it 66-63.

Record is 4-2. Have any games like this you care to share?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: You have any exciting down to the wire games yet?

I actually had one in RTG, during a high school game. I was down by 6, got the ball on my own 8 yard line (I'm QB) with 1:30 left and no time outs. I drive my team down to the 4 yard line. Spike the ball with 2 seconds left. Snap the ball, nobody open, blitz comes at me, I shake off one defender and bolt for the end zone. Leaping for it..... I get smacked by a linebacker and tackled on the 1-inch line. Time expires.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!"
Old 07-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
Rookie

catsfan19's Arena

OVR: 0

My very first game was a great one. Colorado(cpu) vs UK

I have a 17-14 lead with 2 minutes left and had to punt the ball away, Colorado took over around midfield and drove the ball down the field and scored with about 45 seconds left. I took the kick out to around the 30 and quickly moved the ball to the Colorado 40 with about 15 seconds left, after a small gain and an incomplete pass I faced a long third down with about 5 seconds left. I called Verticals from Shotgun Trips and found a hole in the Buffs zone and found my slot receiver wide open in the endzone for the game winning score. Great way to start off this years edition
Old 07-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

I played a double OT game last night. I was Florida State, cpu was LSU.

Game tied at 9 after the half, I ended up winning 43-30 as I took a pick six on their second drive in overtime.

Was a very, very fun game to play.

However, this overtime thriller didn't make it as an instant classic. Anyone else have this problem with your great games? I was offline, so would that make a difference? Also, I won by 13, but that is just because I returned the interception in the second overtime. The pick six to end the game was rated an "A++" in the highlight section. I thought that was pretty cool. Of course I am on ps3 so I couldn't see the whole replay!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 07-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

I beat #4 Stanford 17-16 as...Duke. I threw 1 TD and 4 picks but Luck kept me in the game by throwing 5 (granted one was end of the game hail mary, another was a lucky tipped pass). I returned one for a TD. I had almost no offense except for one play - a 76 yard bomb on a deep post to the slot receiver. Someone forgot to cover him and it cost Stanford the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

i just had on i was mich and playing against wisconsin and i was down 24-7 and came back and won 27 24 loved the whole game though also im playing on hiesman and 12min quarters
Old 07-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstud23lb
i just had on i was mich and playing against wisconsin and i was down 24-7 and came back and won 27 24 loved the whole game though also im playing on hiesman and 12min quarters

How do you play on such long quarters? I was playing on 8 mins. and I thought I was running to many plays so I put it on 7. Maybe I am missing something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 07-13-2011, 12:37 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

My very first complete game, I took Nebraska to Cal. The Bears hung in tough through the fourth quarter, then went up 20-17 on a 60 yard breakaway run with two minutes to go. The Huskers responded on the ensuing kickoff with a great return down the sideline to just past mid-field, then closed in and punched it in three plays later. Now 24-20 with less than 40 seconds to go. The Bears turned it over on a long pass attempt, and a Nebraska kneel down to finish it off.

Great game. I had to work for EVERYTHING and I love that. Nothing felt cheap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »